Greetings fellow bonsai lovers

sully

Seedling
Reaction score
uxV0urCEsb6eNrZGZG_Aovchjc3IUStWNAg5Xahfb8nXFmX9g87iGfiMR7cFiBrfAqIfLzUar9vUZxFL-TBQmCy4VA3utcUWY2DXVbp740ZvwBXEcFWCHE81A3gHWf97l17xCtfb-Z5ixPdaFA_MOncRy2mhvF0qy5jjbWHwoG4dTj-NLlH6cnZlp6MTqAyR-TS0j4XMgxnuXCMqPdqgteCByApZQhh0HoMCdSbFg0WME2MiTfEBqKMCvSNFgjTZ74VfFo4CF2q0TYl_PXNfjf7mA9aYt-6e4pAy057Sh38F9U9aEpBEvfGqxKenOKfWGWw7zTlqNL3Ur9_-sT1gKvZW1dv8RZNOVLdnDBswwLqgU1I_Ho42R8jxeqV0FkulTDuIzb8YiQ-K-Be8oZAqlw7_XfiykJJDuvW1-qFyUE-XxBo5q3dv9vjbDGAgaXbeUsGoAOz0Ktr4Kzv5W-w9WhGr2ij7E0UA7sFheH_QJhBdg__SwQTL425HPfJUeEnWpnFSqEozwbXPVgLCv9RCfgoscD0MiKUXOw=w1254-h520-l75

This is my tree! i made it from a juniper shrub i bought at home depot. its about 1 month old since i made it. it has grown alot especially the widening of the trunk!

open to criticism and compliments :)

sully

Seedling
Reaction score
i put it, you cant see it? sorry im new lol

sully

Seedling
Reaction score
thanks for the help! Alright here it is

Attachments

• 20140510_114516.jpg
    20140510_114516.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 12

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Not bad but...
- You left very little foliage. This is a juniper and it needs foliage more than others.
- Soil is too fine and may be too water retentive. Juniper doesn't like "wet feet".
- Hope you are not keeping it indoors.

Learn the "one major insult per year" rule esp for juniper and pines.

Good luck and welcome to B-Nut! :)

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Very nice...windswept?

A few things I'd like to mention...

1) you've removed almost all the foliage, and it will be a struggle for the juniper to overcome. You'll need to be very careful with watering this one as the soil will stay more moist with less foliage on the tree and junipers don't like wet feet.

2) The soil looks to be peaty and way too moisture retentive. Potted junipers generally prefer fast draining soil that dries a bit between waterings.

3) Junipers love full sun, all day long....this tree needs to live outside.

4) Good luck with your juniper and welcome to bonsai.

sully

Seedling
Reaction score
Awesome yeah the top soil dosnt do it justice. Towards the bottom I have better draining soil and pebles all th way at the bottom. I know I took off most of the foilage :/ once I noticed it was to late but im hoping it will overcome it. Thanks guys! !!!

sully

Seedling
Reaction score
and yes i do keep it outdoors always. i only brought it indoors for pics.

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Welcome Sully. Remember the first thing to master is not only keeping a tree alive but having it thrive. It will help folks provide more appropriate advice if you would update your profile to include where you are located, not just a state but a city. good luck

Top Bottom