Greg! Need assist :P

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
@Bonsai Nut

As far as I know no settings have been changed on my account...

Today I have this tiny font and it is the same if I reply...

There is no tool bar so I cannot change it or use the toolbar utilities -

Could you please look into it?

Thanks in advance,

Grimmy

Edit: Just noticed the type size posts fine but still no toolbar...

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I couldn't imagine it'd be something BNut changed or can change mate.

Check the font size button in your post options, (along with bold, italic, underline etc, those options). Unless that's the missing toolbar?

Aside from that, is the text small on another website you access through same browser?
If so, it's the browser font size. You can adjust it by holding ctrl button on keyboard and scrolling mouse wheel in and out (I think you can use up and down keys if no wheel).

Check accessing website through a different browser, chrome, Firefox, edge, internet explorer, safari, etc.

Check through your phone too, if possible.

P.S. Hope you don't mind me jumping in to help troubleshoot.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No problem - Either Greg @Bonsai Nut fixed it or turning off Compatibility Mode in the browser did... Not certain but all is working now ;)

Grimmy

JIMMY.gif :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Had to outsource IT at the shop.....great fun trying to explain a tech problem over the phone!!! If I knew what I was talking about, I'D BE THE DAMN IT GUY!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::D:D:D:D:D

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
No problem - Either Greg @Bonsai Nut fixed it or turning off Compatibility Mode in the browser did... Not certain but all is working now ;)

Grimmy

Ah yes. That'll do it.. good old IE, thinking it knows best.. it doesn't.

99% of people's issues, if any, on a forum or website are with user and the client, not website. But users don't like to hear that lol

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have done nothing with fonts or typefaces.

However to try something completely different, hold down your "ctrl" key, and use the wheel on your mouse to scroll up and down (assuming you have a wheel on your mouse and are using a PC). That will adjust font size in your browser window.

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

However to try something completely different, hold down your "ctrl" key, and use the wheel on your mouse to scroll up and down (assuming you have a wheel on your mouse and are using a PC). That will adjust font size in your browser window.

See, now you are just copying me, Mr Nut. :p

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b

My chief concern was the missing toolbar. Using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with IE 11. I reset the browser and the typeface returned to normal but the toolbar remained missing. I then poked around in the Browser settings and this site was somehow in Compatibility Mode.:confused: After removing it the toolbar has re-appeared. No clue how it happened but it is Windows after all :p
Anyways I just typed out that information as an FYO if anyone needs it.

Grimmy

Top Bottom