Gregory Beach Bonsai is GTG

Reaction score
I am new here but I just would like to share my positive experience with Mr. Blackmond. I just recently had the pleasure of visiting Dons collection two weeks ago. I had contacted Don about purchasing a new number one tree and a few additional seedlings to improve my trident maple grove. Don spent a lot of time letting me root around his trees to find the right ones and also to show me the rest of his trees for me only spending a small amount of money for what I purchased. I will be going back in the future and I hope others will do the same as I thing GBB is a top notch and reasonably priced bonsai nursery.
Anthony

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Yup, he's the bomb. And a real human being too. Show us your tree?:p

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes I have found him to be one of the good guys as well. I'm with Judy. You have to show us your tree.

Reaction score
I haven't bought any trees from him but I did buy an excellent pair of 11inch concave cutters from him and everything about that experience was positive

terry

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am new here but I just would like to share my positive experience with Mr. Blackmond. I just recently had the pleasure of visiting Dons collection two weeks ago. I had contacted Don about purchasing a new number one tree and a few additional seedlings to improve my trident maple grove. Don spent a lot of time letting me root around his trees to find the right ones and also to show me the rest of his trees for me only spending a small amount of money for what I purchased. I will be going back in the future and I hope others will do the same as I thing GBB is a top notch and reasonably priced bonsai nursery.
Anthony

I hate to say it but I have a real problem with Don Blackmond and Gregory Beach Bonsai. Every time I visit Gregory Beach one or 2 trees somehow make it into my car and often times a couple of pots jump in also. Beware!

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I agree, Don's a great guy. And he has some of the nicest trees around.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Wow, just checked out his site, and, out of curiosity, clicked to see his "Over $3000" trees. There's a Bald Cypress there that was priced at $32,000, and it's on hold. Holy mother of bonsai. This is really a serious hobby :cool:

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lol!... It sure is. I don't know what Dons reasons are for the pricing (it may simply be worth that much), but personally, I know that some of my trees will be trees with a "I don't really want to sell this one... but if I were to..." price. This tree is obviously worth $32k to him and someone else. :)

Top Bottom