@Grimlore is no longer with us...

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
He was one of the first to reach out to me when I joined here to offer solid advice. Never belittled you for dumb rookie moves, just an okay, since you did that I would suggest this. But, don't do that again... He was a hoot on the phone and I can only imagine in person.
RIP Brother

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sad news. The guy was tough, what with digging a giant landscape yew a couple years ago. Hope it lives on to memorialize him.
Never got to meet him, but PM'ed him an invite to my local club meeting. Said he never attended a PA Bonsai Society meeting. Anyone know if he frequented the Lehigh Valley club?
R.I.P. @GrimLore
CW

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very sad news for his family, for all of us here, and likely for anyone else who had the pleasure to know him. Didn't know he was a fellow vet - though I wasn't Army - but still ..... I will offer prayers for him and all who will miss him - which are a great many.

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
Too early...my condolences

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Today is a sad day and massive loss for bonsai. Grimmy was a top bloke.... I enjoyed chatting with him and he was always insightful. He helped me out a lot, will sincerely miss him.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
He will be missed. I know people cannot live forever but the older I get the more I hate saying goodbye.
I know he loved his wife and it always makes me happy to see a truly happily married man. It's a real joy to talk to a man in love :)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
He will be missed. I know people cannot live forever but the older I get the more I hate saying goodbye.
I know he loved his wife and it always makes me happy to see a truly happily married man. It's a real joy to talk to a man in love :)
In the big picture of things...he wasn't really that old. But he did make me smile when he would add tidbits of Crystal into the conversation. He truly loved her.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Can we get hold of Mrs. Grim?

Crystal was the one who let me know about @GrimLore's passing.

"Ed was my husband. Ed used the handle GrimLore (Grimmy) and really enjoyed your forum. It fueled his passion to learn and experiment with bonsai. He made many friends and maybe a few adversaries, but really loved every minute."

If you need to get in touch with her, I have an email.

Top Bottom