@Grimlore is no longer with us...

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Stumbled across this excerpt in another thread from November 2017. Kind of lightened my mood a bit after the initial shock.

I am to be cremated and "if" there is a memorial stone it will read "Kiss my ashes goodbye"

Grimmy

Sums him up pretty well. Man, this sucks.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Wow, what away to start the day. I had the pleasure of meeting Grimmy and his wife Crystal last year, they drove all they way from Pine Mountain, GA (they were visiting Calloway Gardens) to Mobile, just to visit me and see my trees. He was very nice and really genuine person, the world will be a little less brighter without his being here.

R.I.P. Grimmy

I know that trip was a huge highlight for him. He talked about meeting you often.

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
He was one of the first people on this forum to offer patient, thoughtful advice to me, as a total n00b when others just didn’t have the time. I find it hard now to really dig in and offer thoughtful advice when someone new here posts a horribly mutilated juniper and asks what the next step is. But I was that noob about 5 years ago, and he was that kind of person that encouraged me despite not know an internode from my elbow. A really solid guy from my experience with him. Wishing his family the best.

Mrs.Grimmy

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would like to thank Greg again for posting this sad news; and thank all who have left their heartfelt thoughts and admiration for Ed. I cannot express how much it has meant to me. He was a truly wonderful person.

Crystal

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I would like to thank Greg again for posting this sad news; and thank all who have left their heartfelt thoughts and admiration for Ed. I cannot express how much it has meant to me. He was a truly wonderful person.

Crystal
Our sincerest condolences for your loss, Crystal. He wrote admiringly of you, always writing “Wife” with a capital W.?. Think I need to refer to my Wife the same way.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@Mrs.Grimmy , I am saddened by the loss of such a positive person in this world, we could all use more of these in our lives. It was quite apparent that he not only loved and cherished you, but he also had a deep respect for you (and your plant chops!!!;) ). Please do stop in as you wish and visit with us.

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I am taking advantage of your "presence" here @Mrs.Grimmy to submit my sincere condolences for the loss of Ed and also to express my deep appreciation/admiration of his attitude towards you here on the forum.
Exactly what @JudyB said above : "he not only loved and cherished you, but he also had a deep respect for you"

miker

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Rest in peace Grimmy. I appreciate your advice. It was really good knowing you.

John P.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Sad to read this. I’ve been more of a reader here than a poster, and he definitely provided insight like many of you have. I appreciate that very much.

Wishing his family the best.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Been so busy lately I just now saw this. Wow that is such sad news. He was for sure one of the well known names that you expected to see here every day. Really going to be strange not seeing his name on here anymore :( 63 is far too young to leave this world. My deepest condolences to you and your family Crystal.

Godspeed Grimmy, keep the trees watered for us till we get there.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot

Crystal

@Mrs.Grimmy Have no doubt he was loved and valued. For me real friends are rare. I would like to think I could count him in that number. Thanks for coming on here and please message me if you ever feel the need.

IrishCrow

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I met grimmy on here a year and a half ago and we became close. My son and I even took a trip down to see him and meet Crystal and he was a amazing man and Crystal a great girl. He opened his house to me like we knew one another for 20 years. He became my mentor when it came to bonsai and one of my best friends. I learned so much from him , not only in bonsai but in life. I spoke to him on a daily basis for over a year and what a amazing person he was. I just wanted to post this so everyone knew what a special person both him and crystal are. But in the end the only thing I can say is. I miss my friend. I love you grim and after this momentary life is over I will see you again. Rest well my friend.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I met grimmy on here a year and a half ago and we became close. My son and I even took a trip down to see him and meet Crystal and he was a amazing man and Crystal a great girl. He opened his house to me like we knew one another for 20 years. He became my mentor when it came to bonsai and one of my best friends. I learned so much from him , not only in bonsai but in life. I spoke to him on a daily basis for over a year and what a amazing person he was. I just wanted to post this so everyone knew what a special person both him and crystal are. But in the end the only thing I can say is. I miss my friend. I love you grim and after this momentary life is over I will see you again. Rest well my friend.
You made me think again about the void that Grimmys passing has left here. I wasn't a close friend, as you were, but did speak to him a handful of times on his offered helpline. His patience and common sense advice, offered to new and inexperienced people as myself, was delivered without reproach or criticism. Just offered. Plus, he was fun to talk to. Just a good guy, that will be greatly missed.

Top Bottom