Group Planting breaking the rules

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I realize this does not meet any of the layout for a group / forest planting other than the 7 trees, but it was Fun!
A couple of months ago a friend was digging up some old boxwood from around their house. They ask if I could use them, it told them leave some dirt on the roots and cover in trash bag. when I got them home and started cutting them back (I guess they are 20 year old?) I found each tree/shrub was actually many trunks making the tree. I got a couple of nice single trees from them and they are all starting new growth all over. Then there was this one that got left in the trash bag, with the limbs sticking out. It did not have any large single trunks to work with, so it was ignored except for a little water when it was some left over in the can. Saturday I decided to trash it or do something with it. For me it is most enjoyable on the trees that you really don't care if they make it or not, don't pay much attention, just sits at the back of the group. And then one day you notice it and say wow, look at that. Well this was headed to the trash and my still end up there, but it was Fun!
Keep LOOkin Up!
Michael

Attachments

• group planting.jpg
    group planting.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 154

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Looks like a keeper....Have fun!!!

BUBBAFRGA

Mame
Reaction score
looks like you might have something with couple season of training.

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks, I cut the roots back much thinner than the pot it is in. Plan on low profile or slab pot in the future. Will post next season if it is around.
Thanks,
Michael

Top Bottom