Grouper Does Flowers - Who Woulda Thunk it!

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So. No backstory or travelogue. No excuses. No explanation. Just four Bougainvillea that lately

caught my eye as bonsai, and caught my wife's eye for cuttings to plant ...

Heights are 30", 15", 12" and 3" above the pot rims.

They should bloom twice a year here, and I'll post more as I develop them as bonsai, with or without flowers.

Enjoy.

Bougy-Tall.jpgStumpy-Bougy.jpgPretty Bougy.jpgSmall Bougy.jpg

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like the pots under the last two. Nice. All have potential.

Thanks, Leo. I shipped a few unused pots over here, and should have bought and shipped a ton more. Over here all they use are homemade concrete pots of varying levels of craftsmanship, and they all weigh a ton. A few passable Taiwan terra cotta pots are trickling into the country now, and there are the ubiquitous "Japanese Surplus" stores where the Japanese ship the most useless junk for sale to the Third World, and they will occasionally get a whole carton of bonsai pots of varying levels of craftsmanship and refinement, but these are all snatched up immediately by the bonsai enthusiasts who first discovered these shipments got a lock on these pots, and they never filter out to any broader market. Add in that the complete lack of any bonsai soil components here - no one imports any of the usual components - forces bonsaists here to rely exclusively on "river sand", and it's almost impossible for an old codger like myself to even lift some of my bigger trees alone. I hope to rectify those over time, and at least bring into the country some better pots for my personal use as my trees reach the level where a nice pot is needed.

Top Bottom