Grouper52 put a disturbing message on his profile page...

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I thought he was supposed to be arriving Stateside soon? Hopefully we will hear from him!

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Reported. Does anyone have phone contact. He needs help it sounds like.

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I certainly don't know, @Adair M, but it is clear that he is now alone (previous post was coming back to US ALONE).

I'd venture this has something, if not everything, to do with it.

Someone like @M. Frary who has come close familiarity with him may be needed.

But where is he, exactly?

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just saw this and am very concerned.
I havent heard from Willvsince he came back to the states or if he even made it for sure.
I dont know how to get a hold of Dan Robinson but he might know more.
I dont have Facebook but maybe someone here can check if Dan has an idea.
Hopefully Will just shows up at my house. I told my wife he might be coming so were ready for him.
Come on @grouper52 talk to us.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hey @grouper52 I remember the discussion we had about a haiku I was working on. It was really helpful clarifying my thoughts. Thank you for that, you helped me out and I really appreciate that. I also really enjoyed your "crowd sourced" literati thread. Thanks for the ideas. You made a difference to a lot of people you never met and that is really something special. Thank you.

800-273-TALK (8255) national suicide prevention hotline.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'll see if I can send Dan a note over on FB, I see him there sporadically. Concerning, but Will has a good head on those shoulders.

Sent, hope we hear back soon. I'll try his email, not sure if it's the same though.

Email sent we will see if it gets returned. Yup got returned.

WILL! We care about you, you have to know you are loved! Contact us please!

Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I spoke with @grouper52 briefly on Wednesday. Yes, he is going through tough times, but he told me he wasn't on the brink of "doing something worrisome". That said, I know he would appreciate hearing from some friends at this time of the year.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm OK, folks. Please don't worry, but know that I thank you all for your concern. I'm not likely to be posting much here in the near future, nor taking the trip I had planned, but I'll probably get back into the swing of things again at some point.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Isn't Will a shrink? Never in a million years I would think something like this could happened. Good luck my friend.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I'm OK, folks. Please don't worry, but know that I thank you all for your concern. I'm not likely to be posting much here in the near future, nor taking the trip I had planned, but I'll probably get back into the swing of things again at some point.
Sorry for your troubles, Will, and glad you're hanging in there. Life can be such a crap shoot... thank God for Bonsai and Friends! I'm going to pull Gnarly Branches from the shelf and flip through it tonight... still one of my favorites.

Top Bottom