Grow light

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Is

And any lamp that they'll fit in?

They come with metal brackets you can drill in and mount, but they're light enough that double sided tape would work too. They're a housing as well as the bulb so I don't believe they actually need a lamp in addition to what comes in the box.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
With these for purchased my 2 dwarf jade pre-bonsai and ficus would be ok? I'll do 2 bulbs per shelf. Would I be pushing it to repot the ficus as a root over rock and put under light? Or wait till summer??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211011-153030_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20211011-153030_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 28
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I should note that I haven't had the best light for my trees over the winter prior to this year, and being near a window has been enough for them (ficus / bougainvilla primarily, previously, now I have some like pomegranate that I think are more sensitive). The trees have been fine. This is more of "trying to make it perfect" vs "trying to make it good enough", I wouldn't feel like you HAVE to get lights unless you have a particularly light sensitive species.

Based on what I'm seeing of your collection, nothing is giving me a vibe of "you're going to kill this without a light", so you may not NEED to do this. If it's a WANT thing, that's a different story. It'll help them grow better during the winter months, for sure, and maybe they won't shed as many leaves, but I doubt you'll kill them without it.

Wait til summer to root over rock the ficus. They seem virtually bomb proof from experiments I've done personally this year, but their STRENGTH will be much better to react to what you're doing in the summer, and you won't slow yourself down as much while waiting for it to recover.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Stays on while lights on or 24/7 and is lights 16 on 8 off?
Fans, in my rooms are constant..

Lights, in my rooms are close to 19/5... slightly less than 19 on..(I hardly EVER “see” them NOT on. 🤣)

But yes.. the “AT LEAST” of 16/8 discussed earlier, is 16 on, 8 off.

🤓

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I recently picked up a SpiderFarm light for this winter. Curious to see how it does after reading good things.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I recently picked up a SpiderFarm light for this winter. Curious to see how it does after reading good things.

I can confirm that they super duper work

Got mine at some point mid-winter last year, the trees loved it, it's just somewhat utilitarian, and again, not something to look at directly when it is turned on, ha!

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I can confirm that they super duper work

Got mine at some point mid-winter last year, the trees loved it, it's just somewhat utilitarian, and again, not something to look at directly when it is turned on, ha!
You got the SF-2000 right? I picked up the SF-1000, but may need to add the 2000 for my cutting projects over the winter...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thoughts? So the bottom left p afra is real tall. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20211018_164703.jpg
    20211018_164703.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 21
Top Bottom