Grow Lights

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Al
Hm.. Now what is wrong in this sentence...
alibaba twinned with the word professional? Never ever ordered from that site but have heard plenty of “not what I expected” stories.

Hump

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

LOL OK professional was meant in terms of the light's features rather than in regard to alibaba. But I must say, the light he pictured on Amazon also comes from China and is listed on alibaba by a manufactuer there lol. More than half the stuff on Amazon, derives from drop shipping from alibaba. In LED lighting, I would say that numbers probably North of 90% actually.

Hump

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Have a read.

This is indeed important else you are just providing a lot of light.. Like.. Of course you can live off only cornstarch for a looong time. But add fruit and veggies and and.. and all of the sudden you are a lot healthier. Plants use sunlight in specific wavelengths in a fairly balanced way. The minimum amount of energy received in one of the wavelengths will determine the outcome.

That is a good read. After I commented on this post a couple weeks ago, I went into research mode directly after. When I'm about to buy something and get interested in it, I go crazy and spend way too much time trying to figure out all of the details first. I found a lot of good information I didn't know before. A lot of pot growers actually have a lot of good information on how light effect plants.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
LOL OK professional was meant in terms of the light's features rather than in regard to alibaba. But I must say, the light he pictured on Amazon also comes from China and is listed on alibaba by a manufactuer there lol. More than half the stuff on Amazon, derives from drop shipping from alibaba. In LED lighting, I would say that numbers probably North of 90% actually.
That is very interesting. I don't know anything about alibaba. I have never received a parcel from alibaba to the best of my knowledge. Most of the LED lights I purchased from Amazon came from an Amazon warehouse about 100 miles from here and arrived in one or two days. One I ordered on Thursday is at my post office now. The other I ordered same time comes next week.

Hump

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Al

alibaba twinned with the word professional? Never ever ordered from that site but have heard plenty of “not what I expected” stories.

Yes unfortunately there are scammers here and there. They have taken hold in almost all online vendors, first being probably eBay. Amazon has a good system, and although not many scammers there, there are still some unscrupulous drop shippers sometimes. However, you can make sure your buying from reliable sources on Alibaba first. Never buy from any source who's only been selling for 1 year. It shows you how long the sellers have been on the site, which ones age gold members (pay a membership fee) which ones age "verified" which means alibaba has visited the manufactuer and have witnessed their operations. There are also reviews from buyers. It's pretty easy to spot which are responsible and reliable.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
T5 are a great side and under canopy light ..can be 1” away and be fine ....provides the needed blue light as shade makes green light that is a stopper of any photosynthesis.

perhaps deep shade and tropical like green light??? I don’t know

Top Bottom