Grow More 6048 Seaweed Extract for Plants - Thoughts?

RobertB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So i have recently tried some of this and used two tablespoons per gal and feed for two weekends in a row. I am pretty sure it killed 1 of my smaller quince airlayers that has been growing well, that i seperated around june and my favorite maple seedling. Seems like it was a little hard on new potted plants or plants with weaker roots.

Anyone used this stuff much. It has been really hot lately. I mean hotter than it normally is this time of year. Probably going to start using again when the weather cools some. Most of my plants have leaves yellowing and such and i think it was from this stuff, maybe to high a concentration. Some of the flowers in my beds also died after giving this to them for a second time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NCWOEU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-norwegian_blue-

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
FWIW, I'm in Huntsville and stop adding all fertilizer when temps are consistently over 85 here. The only exception are my ficus...can't kill those things (unless you accidentally leave one out for winter...heh).

I haven't used the particular one that you posted, but this stuff has been solid gold for me (at a little over 1/2 strength):

Smells like @$$ though!

RobertB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have been adding organic ferts all summer and things are doing great! Maples have burned leaves but still growing. Now, I am growing things out, development. So I don't really care how the leaves look.

Just wondering if anyone else had experiences with using this product and killing plants. I guess I was applying it to thick.

It's pretty cheap on amazon.

Lazylightningny

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
In addition to organic pellets, I use Alaska fish emulsion fertilizer once a week on plants growing out in the ground. Never had any problems with it.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Miracle grow.
Never burned a plant with it.
Even at 5 times the amount.

Top Bottom