Growing Other Stuff 2021

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I always wanted to try peanuts since we lived in Virginia for a little while, but they won't grow here from what I've read. Never thought to try it in a pot.

I've grown them in pots in Chicago without too much hassle. They need a long season. I always started them indoors there.

I've never tried them here in Missouri. I think I started these too late though. The few flowers that have set are the first few that bloomed...that might give them enough time to ripen. We'll see :D

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
What size pots are you using? I'm wondering if I can find something workable that might give some real crop yield, a little more than novelty value.

Moridin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Well I've been at my summer vacation house for 2 weeks and I was charged with taking care of my brother in laws dad's girls.

Not a bad progression in my honest opinion. :D

He is super happy with the growth explosion, buds are setting and he should get a nice harvest lol.

Resized_20210723_113533.jpeg

thumbnail_20210808_161152.jpg

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Well I've been at my summer vacation house for 2 weeks and I was charged with taking care of my brother in laws dad's girls.

Not a bad progression in my honest opinion. :D

He is super happy with the growth explosion, buds are setting and he should get a nice harvest lol.

View attachment 390750

View attachment 390751
Not bad.. wish i could do that stuff outdoors...

August 24th is my, personal, sacred flower harvest...

Here are my two favorite mama’s
(PERFECTLY LEGAL HEMP ((Said SUPER loudly)).. cause I live in wisconsin, and can’t be too careful.C4B2E7CB-3BDF-499F-8F41-C4CAADDD4A5E.jpeg

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Who knows what this is?B000B576-9E11-4C1A-9DE2-307DF926F491.jpeg

(Not the tiny black fiber.. that’s an accident! 🤣🤣)

Last edited:

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
That was my first thought, actually (my wife makes me check hers if she doesn't trust her own judgement that day) but the background appeared too smooth.
But I wasn't about to leave my bud hangin'.
Do you guys harvest when amber?

I’m thinking of trying TOP harvesting when 30-50 percent amber, and letting lower buds mature slightly longer.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
As long as nearly all are milky you can harvest then for a speedy effect, I don't like that or can wait for up to 70 percent are amber. I reckon 30-50 is about right.

My issue is nearly that when I'm waiting for them to ripen that is always that is when the aphids arrive. Need something to stop them before they arrive, any ideas?

I had to bring to of my babies in this morning, I lost a third to this heat. the other two are on the windowsill with a good drink and have perked back up. Going to start some more seeds today.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
As long as nearly all are milky you can harvest then for a speedy effect, I don't like that or can wait for up to 70 percent are amber. I reckon 30-50 is about right.

My issue is nearly that when I'm waiting for them to ripen that is always that is when the aphids arrive. Need something to stop them before they arrive, any ideas?

I had to bring to of my babies in this morning, I lost a third to this heat. the other two are on the windowsill with a good drink and have perked back up. Going to start some more seeds today.
Right now is when I get an outdoor aphid “attack”, too. Luckily, cause of the cold) most of my annuals are already almost on the “straw” pile...

I’ve grown/been a part of operations with The Sacred Flower in outdoor fields in North Florida, plants like 7-9 ft. Tall... bugs LOVE them, (well, who doesn’t 🤣)...

I’ve also done “warehouse” operations in Michigan (UP)... the control in indoor environments is preferable, at least to me.

Uuuhg.. that’s a tough situation.. because many methods may agitate trichomes...

Gently NEEM? Making sure that enough time is left before harvest?

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Yeah I do have some neem oil, with no instructions mind you. I am considering that this time round as got to change something up.
I use a pyrethrum contact spray which is good but by then they are already there.
Might dig out the neem, post a pic of it and see if anyone knows the mix rate for whatever percentage it is.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Yeah I do have some neem oil, with no instructions mind you. I am considering that this time round as got to change something up.
I use a pyrethrum contact spray which is good but by then they are already there.
Might dig out the neem, post a pic of it and see if anyone knows the mix rate for whatever percentage it is.
I can help you with that.. next cig I will find a pic of my instructions

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Some of the Tesques, some of the Hungarian Blacks and a few more Sweet Cream Rush.
0CAF7D03-BEF2-4229-AFDA-8AAA68302468.jpegD45A4D45-251E-4539-BC02-18AF17374D4B.jpegE26EB33F-E870-4734-A18F-505CA1C8D10A.jpeg

Top Bottom