GSBF Convention XXXIII

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It is going to be very interesting. I will be there, as always.

(I suppose these young guys are also much cheaper....in this tough economy, it helps. We can't afford Kimura anymore.)

We can afford him, we just don't benifit any larger crowd by his presence, so the value isn't there.

Mike Page

Mame
Reaction score
Hah, you've never heard a Yorkshireman on a roll. Don't worry though I can interpret for Peter:D

Over the years, I've watched many, many English tv shows on public tv. My all time favorite was "ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL". Loved the accents!!

Jgsbonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
Gsbf 33

Ian:

I am going to put you down on the program as the interpreter. I know some of that Yorkshire lingo can get very deep and you will be able to help great deal.

Thanks,

Gareth

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ian:

I am going to put you down on the program as the interpreter. I know some of that Yorkshire lingo can get very deep and you will be able to help great deal.

Thanks,

Gareth

Gareth is so modest. Take a bow Gareth, he is chairman for this convention and instumental in obtaining these three fresh headliners for this convention at the same time. Bravo!

Al

Last edited:

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
:D:D:D

Thank You Gareth, and now all I need to do is save some $$ , and vacation time.

Brian Underwood

Chumono
Reaction score
GSBF Convention 2010 - Workshops Anyone?

Well it appears I will be going after all, as my teacher has generously offered to pay my way. The question is now, which workshop(s) shall I attend if any? This will be my first convention in which I will be actively involved (I have been to others, but mostly for the show and the vendor area, just wandering around...). Is anyone else taking a workshop? Any recommendations? Thanks, -=Brian=-

Jgsbonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
GSBF 2010 Convention

Brian:
I am glad you will be able to come to the convention this year. I see you are from Santa Rosa, the home of some great teachers. You may want to take a workshop from one of the visiting teachers at the convention. I would recommend the following:
Michael Hagedorn, Engelmann Spruces are not a common material around here. This may or may not be good for you.
Valerie Monroe, The Trident Maple material for the workshop are very good materials. If these interest you she is a wonderful teacher.
Ted Matson, Ted is great and his methods will help you in all of you trees.
Mel Ikeda, Mel is very entertaining and the raft style is cheap and fun to work on
Peter Tea, Peter is a great teacher an the Black Pines are very good material.
Greg McDonald, Greg is everyone friend and his home grown trees are great beginner materials. He has great methods for growing trees that will benefit you.
Gareth

Brian Underwood

Chumono
Reaction score
Where are all the pictures of workshop trees? I can find a few like Boon's and Peter's, but the rest just say "See GSBF website for pictures." Also, what is the variable pricing for Michael Hagedorn's workshop? This is the one I am most likely going to sign up for, and I should probably find something out about it. Thanks guys, I am very excited to meet some of you there. -=Brian=-

Jgsbonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
Brian:

Michael Hagedorn has been very busy this summer and we have not been able to get the photos yet. We are posting the workshop photos as they come in but this seems to be a slow process. When we wrote up the workshop and seminar descriptions we did not foresee this problem. I am sorry for this and we will post those photos when possible.

Gareth

Jgsbonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
Brian:

Michael's trees are all collected from the wild and well established materials. They are of very different sizes and therefore Michael has chosen to give them a variable price structure. The trees are all very nice but the higher priced trees are larger and therefore they took more effort to collect. I have renewed the efforts to get the photos and I hope we will be able to see them on the Web site in the near future.

Gareth

Brian Underwood

Chumono
Reaction score
Thank you for all the information Gareth! Its so nice to have you here on Bonsai Nut. I look forward to seeing the pictures and signing up for the workshop. Thanks again, -=Brian=-

Top Bottom