Guide to using this site?

substratum

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Is there a guide to using this site? Can you tell me the software name and version? This particular forum software is somewhat different than what I am used to. For example, can I edit a post after I hit, "Post thread" (e.g. correct spelling, add a missing word, etc.)? If I hit the "Reply" button, and decide I don't want to post the reply after all, is there a way to cancel it?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Is there a guide to using this site? Can you tell me the software name and version? This particular forum software is somewhat different than what I am used to. For example, can I edit a post after I hit, "Post thread" (e.g. correct spelling, add a missing word, etc.)? If I hit the "Reply" button, and decide I don't want to post the reply after all, is there a way to cancel it?

The main software used to run the site is XenForo 2.x with a fair amount of modification and customization.

You can edit a post for 20 minutes after you hit "post thread". You cannot delete a post after you hit "post thread"... but I will happily delete it for you if warranted.

If you hit "reply" you will start to type in a reply... but you can always cancel or just hit the "back" button to stop. Nothing is published to the site until you hit "post thread" or "post reply". If you want to see what a post will look like without posting it, you can hit the "preview" button and see what it looks like and then decide whether you want to post it or not.

Images can be added to posts via numerous ways, but the easiest is to just drag it from your desktop and drop it into your post.

Feel free to test replies and editing on this thread if you wish.

rawlyn

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
How exactly does one "like" a post with something other than literally hitting the "Like" icon? I only see that option on both my Android phone and my iPad - can't figure out where the "Love" or "Haha" options are hiding.

Thanks

- Mike

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
How exactly does one "like" a post with something other than literally hitting the "Like" icon? I only see that option on both my Android phone and my iPad - can't figure out where the "Love" or "Haha" options are hiding.

Thanks

- Mike
Hover over the "Like", the other stuff pops up above it.

rawlyn

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I’m pretty sure it would have occurred to me sooner if I still used my laptop on the web anymore - ever. It’s a sad state of affairs when I’ve let myself degenerate to the point where it’s too much bother to use an actual mouse and hover over a link to see if it has options 😴.

Top Bottom