Guy Guidry Bald Cypress Workshop 12 Feb

Lobaeux

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10B
Anyone else going to the Wigert's Guy Guidry Bald Cypress class on 12 February?

Very excited about it!

Lobaeux

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10B
I'll give a report afterwards, I'm really excited.

And on Saturday, the day before there's a demo with Ed Trout in Fort Lauderdale. I'm going to that as well.

Lobaeux

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10B
Had a great time yesterday at the workshop. Guy is fantastic, funny and patient, I hope to do another of his workshops. I'm quite pleased with my little BC. The top is just a little too straight, but I can live with it. More than anything, this is gonna give me a new tree to take care of and study. I'm very excited about it.

IMG_4741.JPG IMG_4742.JPG IMG_4753.JPG

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks good! Awesome that it was a good workshop. The little I have seen of Guy on the Internet, he sounds like a real knowledgeable teacher.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There are not many people you could learn more about Bald Cypress from than Guy Guidry. Yours has a great start, even with the awkward section at the top. I would think it would be an easy fix as in your location, it should grow well.:cool:

Lobaeux

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10B
I've watched a few of those videos too in getting ready for this workshop. They don't really portray Guy's personality like real life obviously. He's just a cool dude, with all that implies. I really enjoyed it.

The top is a little awkward, but you're right, I should be able to work with it. I'll wait for some back budding then look to cut it, or I may not do anything and just study it, watch it grow. I do need to put it in a bigger training pot, maybe even get a cement mixer to let it sit in some water.

Top Bottom