haag hinoki cypress

chubbos

Seedling
Reaction score
Does anyone have information about this variety . It is a dwarf not seen much . The reason im asking is I purchased one from dave at Wabi-Sabi nursery in Estacada Or. last year . The tree is about 65 years old and is the most Striking example of a hinoki if ever seen . It is still with him and we have been working on it when I have time to make it out there . Anybody that needs some great stock should give him a call . He is a master when it comes to starting pines and shimpaku. Theres a great selection at his nursery from beginer to master , give him a call . (1-503-630-2003) . Mark

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Evergreen Gardenwork used to sell it. Chamaecyparis obtusa "Hage".
I got one from Brent, it is growing in the ground. But in five years it may have grown a whole inch. I expect to keep it in the ground another 15 years before I touch it. By that time, it should make a nice shohin.

chubbos

Seedling
Reaction score
Thanks for the correction on the spelling . This tree is 42"tall with a huge base . I will post after the pruning is done . Thanks

IIIROYIII

Sapling
Reaction score
Hey chubbos, still waiting for those pics, I for one would really like to see this tree.

Christopher

chubbos

Seedling
Reaction score
update

Here is a update on my hage cypress . As you can see it is a very large specimen . It is close to 70 years old stands 36 " tall and the trunk has a 16" circumference . Havent had a chance reduce the root base down but it shouldnt be too bad since at one time it was in a bonsai pot , and then put in a nursery pot to grow . Still have lots of styling to do but im done for now . Pictures dont give this tree justice the bark is awesome the base is awesome I feel very lucky to be the gaurdian .

Attachments

• KoKetsuKai1.jpg
    KoKetsuKai1.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 168
  • HageSept2109c.jpg
    HageSept2109c.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 187
  • HageSept2109b.jpg
    HageSept2109b.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 189

plant_dr

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is a beautiful tree I love it!

MartinD

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Now that is gorgeous. I have a Hinoki that is almost a little brother to yours in styling. Great job.

Martin

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Holy smokes, that's a gorgeous tree! I thought Hage were a sort of dwarf cultivar - that tree must be worth a fortune. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Tink32

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Amazing tree!!! very beautiful trunk, makes me wish I had one myself. :)

bonsaimeister

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Chubbos,

Nice material. In 5 years you will have a stunner show tree. Great work...keep it up! Thanks for sharing!

Ris

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Hi, just looking back for info on hinoki and saw your tree looks great.
Any updates for it?

Rishi.

Top Bottom