Had my trees stolen last weekend.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Reinforcing the public's belief that they are worth thousands is not a good idea. And it's not true for the most part. Most of the hobbyist's trees are in the couple hundreds range with the occasional 3 or 400. Very occasional, go to any club auction. The online listed prices are misleading, too.

Wulfskaar

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Reinforcing the public's belief that they are worth thousands is not a good idea. And it's not true for the most part. Most of the hobbyist's trees are in the couple hundreds range with the occasional 3 or 400. Very occasional, go to any club auction. The online listed prices are misleading, too.
I'd assume the victims might be looking for a nice insurance claim, although the article said one was 80 years old. It might be worth thousands to the rightful owner.

yodamon

Sapling
Reaction score
Sparks Nevada, northern Nevada about 45 minutes fr
USDA Zone
7a
That's awful, I'm sorry. Is there some sort of black market bonsai ring in MN? Seems a bit bizarre, but I live in a small town and can't imagine someone doing that. If someone wanted to take my trees, it would be easy enough. Now when our big dog was still around, it would be a different story.
Yea for big dogs. Sorry that Sandy isn’t around to guard your trees. 🐾

Top Bottom