HAD TO pot up a cotoneaster.

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Neighbor had already dug up. I cut off some large girdling roots that didn't have many fine ones on them.
Took off maybe 2/3 of foliage. Wired into pot and poured in soil. Lots of fine roots close to nebari now covered. Don't think it dried out before the pot.

Sooooooooooo.....

Live or die? (guesses) 😕

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Live cuz why not!

Sorce

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Protect if from frost ! I lost some that I repotted in late autumn, the roots didn't have time to establish themselves. I left them unprotected outside and we had some frost, not very often, not for very long, and no lower than -5,-6° C (21-23 F), but they didn't make it through the winter.

A cold frame might be a good place...

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Hold your collective breaths.
Workin' on the lil devil.

Good things are happening. :)

Pix one of these days. ;)

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice but.. Give it some time to settle in its new home before you do any more stuff to it. Just leave everything else on till it is happy again.

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
That's the plan. I know it would look better in a taller or round pot where the main limb would stick out, but that's for later.

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
That pot it's in was just what I had when I brought home the plastic bag of limbs, leaves, roots, and dirt clods. Used it to preserve moisture
from the shock. There was even a root mass from a different cotoneaster in the pile of stuff she had to get rid of.

Top Bottom