Hail no!!!

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Last night, I woke up because of thunderstorm and HAIL!!!

I haven't checked my trees well yet (it was still very dark when I went out this morning) but all seems well on my yard. A fellow bonsai club member just reported lots of bonsai damage though. :( :mad:

I can't wait but also dread coming home this afternoon.

RichKid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
We had a hail storm here the other day. Thankfully no damage. Hope the same for you.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks.

I might have gotten smaller ones than my friend since he reported bed of leaves and broken branches. :( Thankfully, I did not see anything like that this morning but it is not remote for my trees to have a few broken (small) branches.

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, hail is the reason we have cookie dough ice cream... You're probably wondering what the "hail" are you talking about. If I remember correctly, the first time cookie dough ice cream was pitched as a flavor it was rejected. The company wanted to start making peach ice cream. Anyway, a hail storm destroyed the peach crop and they were scrambling for an idea. They said, hey, what about that cookie dough flavor that was proposed. So, cookie dough ice cream was born.:D

Rob

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Glad to report that my plants are okay. Lost a few leaves but that is it. :)

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thats great! On both counts!!! It's great that your trees are ok Dario! And I love cookie dough icecream! Two good things in two posts...lol!

Top Bottom