Hand sprayers

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not bad if you have one-two trees.....:cool:

I have a few sprayers from STIHL, work good enough. 3-4 gallons, maybe.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Not bad if you have one-two trees.....:cool:

Very true. I have a backpack sprayer with four gallon capacity. Once you go through the work to mix whatever you're spraying, it is pretty effortless to use because there is a hand crank at about waist height.

I've hand numerous smaller ones in the past, but I struggled with the smaller capacity, and the seals always seemed to go in a year or two... forcing me to buy a new one. My backpack sprayer is now six years old and going strong!

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have the four gallon backpack as well. Don't use it much, though.....ain't trying to "workout" while I water!!! Sucka' be heavy!!!;):D:D:D:D

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have the four gallon backpack as well. Don't use it much, though.....ain't trying to "workout" while I water!!! Sucka' be heavy!!!;):D:D:D:D

I don't just use it for my bonsai. I have a fair number of full-size citrus trees that I need to spray a couple of times per year.

Traken

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Are the sprayers strictly used for spraying things like pesticides, fungicides, and other -cides, or are they used for other purposes as well? I just wasn't sure if the mist type spray they produce is useful for other things or not.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Are the sprayers strictly used for spraying things like pesticides, fungicides, and other -cides, or are they used for other purposes as well? I just wasn't sure if the mist type spray they produce is useful for other things or not.

The small ones can be good for spraying foliage with water if you keep trees inside. For that matter, due to their size you can control them better and reduce overspray.

I keep all my trees outside 24/7/365, so I am just interested in volume - how quickly I can get the job done.

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I don't plan on spraying the entire Wallowa National Forest you guys.:) I think you might be underestimating this sprayer. It holds 1/2+ gallons and I could easily spray all of my maple bonsai (12) for aphids with it. I really don't like mixing up more than I need at one time. I think they say spray is best used when it is first mixed up verses just having it already mixed up and laying around.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't plan on spraying the entire Wallowa National Forest you guys.:) I think you might be underestimating this sprayer. It holds 1/2+ gallons and I could easily spray all of my maple bonsai (12) for aphids with it. I really don't like mixing up more than I need at one time. I think they say spray is best used when it is first mixed up verses just having it already mixed up and laying around.
Yeah, seems like this turned into another mine is bigger than yours discussion. I love these small sprayers and have several of them.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

…….spraying for bugs and what-not......sure, great size......I thought you might be using it to water your material!:D:D:D:D:D:D

For aphids on maples, I'll use an organic spray from MiracleGrow or something along those lines.:cool:

Attachments

• DSC00719 (1).JPG
    DSC00719 (1).JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 14

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not me. Great day. You?

First day back from vacation, up at 4:00 am, just like the last 27 years, for work. And sure, it was great! 'Cept getting asked about my vacation, of course it was spectacular!!;):D:D:D:D:D

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Yeah, seems like this turned into another mine is bigger than yours discussion. I love these small sprayers and have several of them.

If I came off that way, I didn't mean to. We've got a smaller sprayer like the one @Oleg linked - it works really well for spraying gecko enclosures!

I was just pointing out that depending what you are spraying, you may want to step up to the backpack. I've probably burnt up a half dozen of the two-gallon sprayers before I finally shelled out for the 4 gallon backpack. It is quite a work-out pumping those two-gallon tanks! But it was definitely a thread de-rail since @Peter44 was simply sharing a positive review from a sprayer that he is currently using - and not asking for opinions about size :)

You'd know I was showing off if I said I had one of these. Bling it up a bit, and I'm sure I could talk @LanceMac10 into buying one :)

Z193-wfo5oz.JPG

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If I came off that way, I didn't mean to. We've got a smaller sprayer like the one @Oleg linked - it works really well for spraying gecko enclosures!

I was just pointing out that depending what you are spraying, you may want to step up to the backpack. I've probably burnt up a half dozen of the two-gallon sprayers before I finally shelled out for the 4 gallon backpack. It is quite a work-out pumping those two-gallon tanks! But it was definitely a thread de-rail since @Peter44 was simply sharing a positive review from a sprayer that he is currently using - and not asking for opinions about size :)

You'd know I was showing off if I said I had one of these. Bling it up a bit, and I'm sure I could talk @LanceMac10 into buying one :)

View attachment 240240

silver flake on candy green all around, scallop the chassis, chrome out the black, 12" wire Avanti rims on low-profile Yokohamas with a gold flake CNC'd "LIFESTYLE" medallion in the rear between some 6x9's should work.

I honestly thought he meant to water with the sprayer he showed! On the other hand, a pre-mixed spray from the Depot or something should do. I find my Maples, once treated, don't have a re-currance of aphids. Until next spring, that is!!!:mad::mad::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Definitely not trying to....

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
…….spraying for bugs and what-not......sure, great size......I thought you might be using it to water your material!:D:D:D:D:D:DFor aphids on maples, I'll use an organic spray from Miracle Grow or something along those lines.

Lance, Do you actually use that plastic Haws watering can. I have one of those and the collars on both of the accessories split open when I put them on the first time. I over-hauled it and now works good. I see now that they get pretty poor reviews because of that feature. I see now that they get pretty poor reviews because of that feature.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes I do. And yes, they leak like my bank-roll on a Shatterday afternoon! I use them all as I have far too many trees sticks in containers!;):D:D:D:D

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I'm going to buy the one with the adjustable head and wand. One can stick it underneath the tree and point the head up to get under the leaves etc. I've never understood why other sprayers are not made that way.

Top Bottom