Handmade Brown-Round, price of Ground-Round (Auction)

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Now THIS piece, while being structurally and technically clean and solid.

Has the remnants of a glaze that didn't ...."glaze".. on the top lip. (It was a low-alumina fabrication.. intended on running.. but burned up and blew away in flaky ash in short time)

To ME, as an Artist this INSTANTLY denies expression of intent, and makes the piece of MUCH LESS worth.

Sooooo I'll auction it off, and start it real low.

It is Black, Impalpable grog Stoneware.. fired to cone 6, a 12.5-hour gas reduction fire.

My first experiment in "OVERWORKED texture"!!!🤓

Besides that NON-glaze, I find no technical issues with this piece.
29FB2AD6-8008-4E1A-9702-7B071AF921A3.jpeg1FBE19F0-C5DB-426C-B623-C34FEFC37A75.jpegBC4EDF43-865D-43B3-8BA3-6C9F6B20FDB9.jpeg76F82B93-7874-42CB-B81C-1338E930C907.jpegCB34AA4C-513D-4A73-A049-F354DF9FF422.jpegE42B4D55-BD8D-402B-A565-66FF0CF2C1AE.jpeg69F206E0-88C2-45B0-946B-AFADE54E5585.jpeg

Auction will start at 20USD.. (Before shipping)

Tally taken "as of" 4/26 at 11:59 P.M.

Thank you for looking!

🤓

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
✋ Got your 20!
(Got my tax return. :cool:)

Is some of that color a result of the unsuccessful glazing attempt? As in, did your "glaze" that turned to ash char on the outside of the clay?
I ask because, if so, that could be very used for certain color/texture effects.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
The coloration on that lip.. that.. rusty orange inconsistent "smudge" is a result of the unsuccessful glaze.. it appears some Iron "stuck around"

I AM going to be playing with combustibles for texture soon! My mind is swimming with Ideas..

Also in my search for Americana Art.. to help inspire and move forward North American "TinyTree" study, I've ''made notes' of So many ideas!

Rust Belt-Inspired Pots!

Dust Bowl-specific Inspired Pots!

Depression-era Inspired Pots!

Psychedelic is one I'm advancing on first... Inspired Pots.

Small Town America vs. Street America .. INSPIRED POTS!

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The coloration on that lip.. that.. rusty orange inconsistent "smudge" is a result of the unsuccessful glaze.. it appears some Iron "stuck around"

I AM going to be playing with combustibles for texture soon! My mind is swimming with Ideas..
Ah. I think you can do allot with that one in the right contexts. I'm looking forward to this.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
How much more would it be to throw in the buddah statue? 😂. I kid!…I kid! That IS a nice buddah though.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Screw it.
$40 just to say I did.

I have zero plans, and nothing ready for a nice pot anyway.
If I miss this one I'll send you ambiguously worded letters full of adolescent innuendos until you put some of your structures or whatnot out there.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
How much more would it be to throw in the buddah statue? 😂. I kid!…I kid! That IS a nice buddah though.
It's made of Iron... It's damn near 60 lbs..

I used to know WHICH earthly projection of gotama this one was!

But.. there was probably a bunch of Alcohol/Crack-Cocaine/Heroin In my blood at that time.... So I really didn't DESERVE to know the name. anyways.

But NOW.. as a healthier dude, I should find out.

The Lady who gave the statue to me... Died of an Opiate overdose WHILE dying from Throat/lung cancer... She was almost 70.

:(

Bad all over

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
It's made of Iron... It's damn near 60 lbs..

I used to know WHICH earthly projection of gotama this one was!

But.. there was probably a bunch of Alcohol/Crack-Cocaine/Heroin In my blood at that time.... So I really didn't DESERVE to know the name. anyways.

But NOW.. as a healthier dude, I should find out.

The Lady who gave the statue to me... Died of an Opiate overdose WHILE dying from Throat/lung cancer... She was almost 70.

:(

Bad all over
Wow…. Yea…lets hope there’s some better energy flowing through that guy these days. If that guy could talk ……

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I like it.
How much is shipping to 25704?
I think Flowerhouse just bumped me out
Thank you!
With pots, and the calculations I've done... normally flat-rate is the way to go when it's not a bordering state. (Smaller clay structures being the exception)
Medium flat-rate is at around 16 USD... but was 21 USD a month ago.. so is "fluctuating" quite consistently.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thank you!
With pots, and the calculations I've done... normally flat-rate is the way to go when it's not a bordering state. (Smaller clay structures being the exception)
Medium flat-rate is at around 16 USD... but was 21 USD a month ago.. so is "fluctuating" quite consistently.
Check out the website pirateship.com, They give you discounted commercial shipping rates and their services are 100% free 😉
https://www.pirateship.com/

Top Bottom