Handmade pot site

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I believe the prices on that site is way high. If you contact the pot maker directly, you might get a much better price....probably less than half on some. I know I did. YMMV

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That's correct, which is why I said DEEP pockets.

I posted this not because it's a viable source of pots, but because it shows some of the work of potters you don't see that often on the Internet or in the U.S.

Derek Aspinall and Gordon Duffett are two of those.

Also, Aspinall passed away a few years back, so he's not taking commissions anymore and sources for his renowned pots are few and far between--(which explains the extra-astronomical prices for the pots on that site)

Last edited:

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Deep pockets and dim wits...Tofukujis can be had for less than the Tongrae listed! WOW.

It's cool to see the Albrights, Duffets, and Erin pots, but they have outlets to buy that don't require a pledge of your first-born.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Good site to use as "reference" when you are selling similar pots. ;) Other than that, I will stay away from it.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Good site to use as "reference" when you are selling similar pots. ;) Other than that, I will stay away from it.

Right..."reference" as in use it to determine what is unreasonable, then work backwards...a lot!

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I see it a lot on eBay. Sellers try to justify their asking price by referencing to the most expensive site. And you know what...some people bite! It is true, a _______ is born every minute.

Top Bottom