Happy 4th !!!

Reaction score
Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July, and hopefully you
Are spending it with family and friends !!!
To those in North Carolina where the hurricane is
Headed, hunker down and be safe !!!

Reaction score
Speaking of fires... It has been extremely dry lately down here.
Hasn't rained in a long time. I know the firefighters were worried about
fireworks causing fires... but funny enough, it just started raining about
an hour ago and it has been coming down !!!
Kinda funny how things always seem to work their way out...

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Happy Independence Day to you too Stacy!

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm on call this week and weekend. Already had 4 house fires last weekend from fireworks and I boarded up two.. I am wondering how bad this weekend will be. 105 every day this week and thru Sun with 108 on Monday.

I'll wave my flag proudly tomorrow and eat a hot dog, but I will have anxiety till Monday.

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I might work on some trees. Also, I hear there is The Walking Dead marathon on AMC all weekend. It is one of my favorite shows, so I'll probably watch some of that.

Rob

Reaction score
I'm on call this week and weekend. Already had 4 house fires last weekend from fireworks and I boarded up two.. I am wondering how bad this weekend will be. 105 every day this week and thru Sun with 108 on Monday.

I'll wave my flag proudly tomorrow and eat a hot dog, but I will have anxiety till Monday.

I understand, when I lived out in Venice and Santa Monica we would walk out to
the beach at night and look at the Malibu Hills and Topanga Canyon on fire. Which sadly was way to often.
And what I never got was, if it was an accidental fire well OK... to at least some degree.
But, it almost every single time turned out to be intentional. I just don't get why someone
would want to do something like that deliberate.
Anyways, stay safe and hydrated, in the heat. :)

Reaction score
I might work on some trees. Also, I hear there is The Walking Dead marathon on AMC all weekend. It is one of my favorite shows, so I'll probably watch some of that.

Rob
I have a ton of folks coming over on the 4th, and I have been busy with chores for the
last 2 weeks straight getting ready for it. I am hoping they all come, have fun, and then
leave just as fast... so I can work on trees too !!! :)

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just watched kaboom town in Addison Texas. Rated top five fire work shows in the USA. It was awesome!!!!!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Appropriate I think.

Attachments

• american_flag_370_114.jpg
    american_flag_370_114.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 9

sbarnhardt

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Have a friend, and former colleague, who has a house, boat, etc. down on the North Carolina coast. She weathered the storm down there and posted an "after" picture this morning of the beach near her. You'd never know anything at all had gone on. Nice, easy, small swells. No visible beach erosion. No debris on the beach. All in all, everything seems to be OK where she is. Thank God!!

Bob O

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Happy fourth to all!
No damage here from Arthur. The weather her is actually pleasant 68F & breezy and we got some much need rain. About 3 inches.
The local news media was issuing dire warnings again even when the projections were fairly steady. They are still scrolling Hurricane Warnings on TV. Go figure. :rolleyes:

I hope all who were impacted are OK.

Bob O

sbarnhardt

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Happy fourth to all!
The local news media was issuing dire warnings again even when the projections were fairly steady. They are still scrolling Hurricane Warnings on TV. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Bob O

Sounds like the news folks down here in NC. They seem more interested in hyping drama than they are in reporting the "news." I like it like the fellow used to say on "Dragnet." "The facts, just the facts!"

Reaction score
Sounds like the news folks down here in NC. They seem more interested in hyping drama than they are in reporting the "news." I like it like the fellow used to say on "Dragnet." "The facts, just the facts!"

I agree, problem is with these you just don't know...
Obviously storm surge is always a concern, but usually this is
Just more centralized to the shore and low lying areas
That flood anyways. I think where the real concern if you are
Not in one of these areas, is more the amount of tornadoes
That spring up. 90% of the damage done here in Florida has been
As a result of these, and they were often on the outer bands, no
Where near the eye.

Glad to hear everyone is doing ok !!! :)

sbarnhardt

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hurricane Info Site

I know folks can click on any number of sites for hurricane/tropical storm information. And I'm fully aware there may be some of you that already know about this particular site, but here is a link to a website I ran across years ago that has good information in a timely fashion without having to sift through a bunch of other mess to get it. I pass it along here on the chance it "may" prove useful to some of you!

www.terrapin.com

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Arthur has moved along north and east of my area and the winds and rain are dying down. They postponed our fireworks until Sunday. It is supposed to be sunny and very windy tomorrow but I should be able to get a couple of junipers I wanted to repot done.

Top Bottom