Happy Chinese New Year

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Let me correct the incorrect title of this thread. It is a LUNAR NEW YEAR which celebrated by many country not just the Chinese. I would like to see some documentation on this if you believe the Chinese is the one found it. Nothing against the Chinese but not a fan of their gov and their thinking.

By the way, some beautiful ume flower you got there.

junmilo

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Let me correct the incorrect title of this thread. It is a LUNAR NEW YEAR which celebrated by many country not just the Chinese. I would like to see some documentation on this if you believe the Chinese is the one found it. Nothing against the Chinese but not a fan of their gov and their thinking.

By the way, some beautiful ume flower you got there.

Well I'm no historian and don't want to drag politics(destroyer of everything) into a hobby. Look at what Mr. "Make America Great Again" is doing to the Republican Party, his country and its people.

The East Asian Lunar New Year were based on the traditional CHINESE Lunisolar Calendar(Jan/Feb).

The South and Southeast Asian New Year are based on India's solar Calendar which is in (April).

So nothing wrong with me calling it the Chinese new year..if you are from Vietnam...call it Vietnamese new year...Korean call it Korean new year....etc...no one cares.

Also, did you know that without China and the Buddhist Monks there will be no Penjing and/or Bonsai??

You Know, just food for thought..if you don't like a country and/or its government...please keep it to yourself.

The world is already a mess, let people enjoy their hobby and don't drag politics into it.

Thank you.

JZ

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
All I can say is luckily you are not one of the judges in the court in the Hague... looks like you believe the Chinese are the ones started everything.

junmilo

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
All I can say is luckily you are not one of the judges in the court in the Hague... looks like you believe the Chinese are the ones started everything.

Depending one what the Chinese started....chinese started many things....Europeans started many things too...everyone and anyone can start something....

Just like some people in China thinks the Italian stole the idea of Pizza dough... Not Pizza...The dough from China.....etc....not sure where that came from....

Another example is the art of Wing Chun...should we call it Kung Fu? Martial Art? Fighting Art? From China? Or From Hong Kong? If it's from Hong Kong during British Rule.. Should we say it was invented by the British?

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yes, lovely, wonderful blossoms @junmilo ! Just beautiful :cool:

BUT I am confused, Tet is 'now' in Asia where it is now early in the morning of 5Feb. It won't be Tet, here until just after midnight tonight, right?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Yes, lovely, wonderful blossoms @junmilo ! Just beautiful :cool:

BUT I am confused, Tet is 'now' in Asia where it is now early in the morning of 5Feb. It won't be Tet, here until just after midnight tonight, right?
Yes, tomorrow would be the first day of the Pig year for us in the States.

Top Bottom