Happy Independence Day

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hope everyone enjoys today and the fireworks, going to enjoy a family reunion with good food. Thanks to who who have served to give us the freedom we have and take for granted every day. Yesterday my family went to a waterfall we have never been to, even though I have lived here since 1997. Anyway it was beautiful and we had a good time, and the plus was I found a few potential trees. Going back this weekend because it was getting dark so i really didn’t get to look good, it’s on national park land so I have to go buy a permit. 1 permit allows me 5 trees for $20, seems steep but if I want good trees I have to pay. I saw a few that looked like hornbeam leaves but the bark was different, I will try and take some pics to see if anyone knows when I can. BB92F334-C3E0-4B99-9741-7378F195CFE5.jpeg

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Happy 4th!

I'm enjoying my Independence Day alone at home, doing a little tree stuff here and there, and chilling with my dog.
Wife and kid are outta town, I couldn't go due to work, and honestly, I hate going places, I like to stay home....I'm a stick in the mud, as they say. Hope that doesnt make me a horrible human being, just honest.
Most of all, I'm so glad to NOT be on-call this week for work.
I feel bad for the guy who is on-call, he'll no doubt get dragged into DC, which is a little crazier than usual today.....we'll just say that.

Have fun yall!
Celebrate Liberty and Freedom from Tyrants!

Forrestford

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Hope everyone enjoys today and the fireworks, going to enjoy a family reunion with good food. Thanks to who who have served to give us the freedom we have and take for granted every day. Yesterday my family went to a waterfall we have never been to, even though I have lived here since 1997. Anyway it was beautiful and we had a good time, and the plus was I found a few potential trees. Going back this weekend because it was getting dark so i really didn’t get to look good, it’s on national park land so I have to go buy a permit. 1 permit allows me 5 trees for $20, seems steep but if I want good trees I have to pay. I saw a few that looked like hornbeam leaves but the bark was different, I will try and take some pics to see if anyone knows when I can.
Happy 4th! Regarding your permit in a National Park... Is that all National parks that are like that? I spotted some good material in Shenandoah earlier this year but i thought it was out of reach, now you have me wondering...

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
bitmoji-20190704070100.png

Family BBQ today and swimming. Fire works in the backyard then go downtown to view the fireworks from my wifes 7th floor office vantage point. USA-USA-USA

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Forrestford, I haven’t checked that yet but I am because where I live I can go to different counties but still be in the same forest. I will let you know as soon as I find out. And the plus side is I know some rangers who have said they will take me to some good spots.

Top Bottom