Happy Thanks Giving

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Happy Thanksgiving, I need a gorilla cart to move me around the house. I’m fatter than a sumo maple . I’m so fat and full of wine. Now we gotta feed the dogs, even though they snuck turkey all day.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Every year when day light saving time ends, I dial my scale back 15 lbs for the holiday season. After Mardi Gras the scale goes forward 15 lbs for Lenten season.

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
It's amazing how much more you notice how much you pee when the beer isn't making you drunk.
View attachment 463970
Ah, the sober life. 😁
Also a non-drinker here but I do miss my (double) IPAs. I’ve found that I can’t stand NA beer, it all tastes like swill to me and just wrong. However… a few places have started putting out hopped seltzer, totally non brewed and not trying to be beer and it’s freaking delicious (imho). I’d suggest trying Hoppy Refresher from Lagunitas if you feel like giving it a try.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Also a non-drinker here but I do miss my (double) IPAs. I’ve found that I can’t stand NA beer, it all tastes like swill to me and just wrong. However… a few places have started putting out hopped seltzer, totally non brewed and not trying to be beer and it’s freaking delicious (imho). I’d suggest trying Hoppy Refresher from Lagunitas if you feel like giving it a try.
I've taken to the cheap NA beer because you can't really make the cheap beer worse. The Heineken there was what the store had left. Not bad as far as NA goes, but I'm always up for bettering my game. I'll keep an eye out for that Lagunitas. Thanks for the tip.

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
I've taken to the cheap NA beer because you can't really make the cheap beer worse. The Heineken there was what the store had left. Not bad as far as NA goes, but I'm always up for bettering my game. I'll keep an eye out for that Lagunitas. Thanks for the tip.
Always glad to pass on a tip. I haven’t tried it yet but Sierra Nevada has one as well and it’s more kind to the wallet than the Lagunitas.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
"Thanksgiving Day" aside...

It's a good day to give thanks.

It's a good day to surround yourself with people you love and appreciate.

May all your's be extra wonderful.

I feel very blessed to have this community in my life... And that I am accepted as I am. I am thankful to all those who are a part of it.

I feel very blessed and thankful for my family/loved ones, and the unity we create.. I'm thankful for the connection.

I'm thankful that I can learn about any topic.. read any book, without being arrested or condemned.

I'm thankful that, although I am poor.. I receive help/aide to assist my families survival... I'm thankful to the taxpayers that make this possible.

I'm thankful that I have outlets, both personal and creative... In which I can express myself... I'm am just as thankful for my ability to create, as I am for my support system.

I'm thankful that, although I live close to some high-crime areas.... The little shanty town my home is in, is relatively safe, quiet and peaceful.

I'm thankful that the heat and electricity came on today...

If you are still reading; I am thankful for YOU.

Happy Thanksgiving, Ya Turkeys!

🤓

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
And we are thankful to have you here, you are such a positive force. Hope you had a great day with your kids.
The kids actually had an opportunity to go to Kentucky to spend it with Niko's Grandparents (lovely people)...

So we did ours a couple sunsets prior.

I was with long-time friends for the actual day!

But I appreciate the thought, Carol!

I hope yours was splendid as well!

Top Bottom