Harland's Boxwood Forest

johng

Omono
Reaction score
This group planting was started from nursery material that I purchased in the summer of 08. It was weak when I got it so I put them in the ground for a year. In July of 09' I arranged them for the first time...
P1090132.JPG

Results of first efforts...
P1090138.JPG

In March of 2011, this group was transplanted into a Ron Lang container - 26" x 17"...from the table it is 26" tall...
P1130406.JPG

In the fall of 2011, this group was used in an unusual display...the pot is actually hidden below the surface of the container...
P1140024%25202.JPG

This group is still doing very well...I don't seem to have any more recent photos...maybe I will try to take one to post.

John

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I like the latest method of display a lot! Makes me think Arthur Joura was somehow involved. The trees have taken on a look of maturity and strength. Very nice.

johng

Omono
Reaction score
I like the latest method of display a lot! Makes me think Arthur Joura was somehow involved. The trees have taken on a look of maturity and strength. Very nice.
Arthur is only the instigator...challenging clubs to try something different. Thanks BTW.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Looks like lime sulfur + boxwood = Very nice! At 30 inches wide that will be even more impressive in person. Thank you for sharing ;)

Grimmy

johng

Omono
Reaction score
Looks like lime sulfur + boxwood = Very nice! At 30 inches wide that will be even more impressive in person. Thank you for sharing ;)

Grimmy

No lime sulfur...that is just cleaned trunks... Walter Pall said the same thing...looked closer and nodded at me like I was lying....no lime sulfur at all...

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
No lime sulfur...that is just cleaned trunks... Walter Pall said the same thing...looked closer and nodded at me like I was lying....no lime sulfur at all...

WoW! I believe you, I think :p I am going to have to figure out your method now :eek:

Grimmy

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
no secrets...toothbrush and a little liquid soap...
I must admit I looked right at the trunks and didnt notice how white they were in the last pic...
I've seen great results on my kingsvilles with just water and a soft toothbrush. I would have been worried to use soap, although a good drenching afterwards probably takes care of flushing it out. That little task took a lot of time and attention. Looks really good!

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Very nice grouping.
Thanks for for sharing.

Top Bottom