Harris organic liquid fish fertilizer?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Another little story..
My wife had a girls afternoon in the garden coctails and everything. Then I watered my trees with fish emulsion. My wife did not have a girls afternoon in the garden anymore. :)
This could offer invaluable insight. ;)

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
A couple things:

My fish emulsion/hydrolysate when mixed in water according to instructions gives a pH near 4. I haven't bothered w/ pH up, but that might be helpful. I've always heard 5.5-6.5 is the goal.

Story time: (Kids/squeamish, look away.)
My dog died. I buried her. The next day, I fertilized my trees with fish emulsion. When my wife got home she freaked out, until I explained about the fish emulsion. Good times.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I figure I’ve got enough for all my saplings and enough for everything that’s gonna get started this spring and everything else around here. How does it work for tiny seedlings? Should I use a extra diluted solution for them?

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
A couple things:

My fish emulsion/hydrolysate when mixed in water according to instructions gives a pH near 4. I haven't bothered w/ pH up, but that might be helpful. I've always heard 5.5-6.5 is the goal.

Story time: (Kids/squeamish, look away.)
My dog died. I buried her. The next day, I fertilized my trees with fish emulsion. When my wife got home she freaked out, until I explained about the fish emulsion. Good times.
🤦‍♂️Not the dog 😂

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Another little story..
My wife had a girls afternoon in the garden coctails and everything. Then I watered my trees with fish emulsion. My wife did not have a girls afternoon in the garden anymore. :)
A good way for a man to get some peace and quiet. I’ll have to remember that one 🤣

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How does it work for tiny seedlings? Should I use a extra diluted solution for them?
I have no idea what the general consebses is regarding this, but I have done it. The seedlings grew fine and I saw no problems. I did do it once the seedlings went outside.

Top Bottom