Harry Harrington Book Series: Bonsai Foundations and Inspirations 1 &2

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Stone Lantern is offering a discount on 3 of Harry Harringtons Books: Bonsai Foundations, Bonsai Inspirations 1 and Inspirations 2. I've used his .pdfs a lot in my early days from bonsai4me.com to help get directions on basic care for my trees. Does anyone have his printed books who can give me a basic review? I've been getting back into books over the internet because lately I've been glued to 3 screens at my job and when I get home I want to read about techniques and styling, but I don't want to sit in front of yet another screen. I won some Bonsai Today magazines at a club raffle and am about done with them and I love the short how to articles and the progression pics. Would these books have something similar? I've also had my eye on The Magician: The Art of Kimura vol. 2 just for inspirations sake.

hemmy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Stone Lantern is offering a discount on 3 of Harry Harringtons Books: Bonsai Foundations, Bonsai Inspirations 1 and Inspirations 2. I've used his .pdfs a lot in my early days from bonsai4me.com to help get directions on basic care for my trees. Does anyone have his printed books who can give me a basic review? I've been getting back into books over the internet because lately I've been glued to 3 screens at my job and when I get home I want to read about techniques and styling, but I don't want to sit in front of yet another screen. I won some Bonsai Today magazines at a club raffle and am about done with them and I love the short how to articles and the progression pics. Would these books have something similar? I've also had my eye on The Magician: The Art of Kimura vol. 2 just for inspirations sake.
I have 1 and 2. I believe they were much of the same content as the website and I haven’t gone back to them much. But I agree that it’s nice to open a book and see quality images on paper and get some inspirations. I also don’t regret buying them, since the main reason was to support him for all the free info from his website when I first getting started.

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I constantly go back and read inspirations 1 and foundations once a year (and inspirations 2 now that its out).

I love his approach to writing and progressions, and found using some of his techniques and timing really work for me for deciduous.

I highly recommend his books.

Top Bottom