Has any one used aluminium tape for healing cuts?

Todaru123

Sapling
Reaction score
Came across this thread and was wondering if any has used this technique and if it was effective.

atlarsenal

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I have not done it myself but I seen a guy paint a wound with seaweed extract and put foil tape over it. He swore by the technique.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have not done it myself but I seen a guy paint a wound with seaweed extract and put foil tape over it. He swore by the technique.
I use it regularily to cover large fresh scars on top of the cut paste! I find it speeds up the healing ( IMO ) and keeps the site cooler and the cut paste from drying out. I prefer the sticky one side aluminum duct tape. Stays on really well and is easy to cut to shape and apply over the cut paste. Without it the cut paste requires replacement more frequently on the real large scars. I do not bother with it on scars less than 1 1/2 inches.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I use it regularily to cover large fresh scars on top of the cut paste! I find it speeds up the healing ( IMO ) and keeps the site cooler and the cut paste from drying out. I prefer the sticky one side aluminum duct tape. Stays on really well and is easy to cut to shape and apply over the cut paste. Without it the cut paste requires replacement more frequently on the real large scars. I do not bother with it on scars less than 1 1/2 inches.
Should have mentioned the product name for reference. It is called Draft Stop by Togo. It is used by heating and cooling installers to seal joints in the duct work after screwing the sections together. One roll goes a long way in Bonsai.

Another useful purpose has been when exposing root over rock during development. I often begin by cutting a 1 inch section off the plastic nursery pot. After exposing the section and cleaning up the finer roots, selecting the ones to keep, then i like to cover back up to allow for protection of the newly exposed roots for a time. I simply replace the cut off ring and join to the pot with the Stop Draft tape.

I have also used it to reduce evaporation in pond baskets if i am waiting for a better time to repot. Simply covering some sections to retain more moisture when required. If the ends overlap it holds fine even during repeated watering! Helps in heat wave periods also by reflecting , keeping the container cooler.

Disclaimer: works for me up to you!

Reaction score
I also use it now in a similar fashion to the previous comments, it certainly seems to promote faster healing. As highlighted it is normally for larger wounds and can help to keep them from bulging too much.

Top Bottom