Has anyone worked with Duranta Erecta (Golden Dewdrop)?

Brosmurf24

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I had this posted in the wrong thread and got some good info from some of the posts but would like more information. I'm from texas still gets cold enough for them to die back to the ground so ill have to bring them in. But in terms of when to repot them I still don't have a clue. They are tropical and fast growing so i'm not sure... The one i have is nursery stock so its root bound. I have found sights that have repotting instructions but they neglect to mention the time of year they did it. Also any further information about working with them as a bonsai would be most helpful thanks...

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think this is the species they work with a lot in Vietnam.

I'd rePot it now.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think this is the species they work with a lot in Vietnam.

I'd rePot it now.

Sorce

thomas22

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I bought one in the spring and removed it from it's container and chopped 2/3 of the root ball off and put back into container. You could see this Duranta in the 2015 Box Store Challenge thread. The tree did not skip a beat. I think these are one of these trees that are hard to kill and I would also repot now.

Brosmurf24

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I bought one in the spring and removed it from it's container and chopped 2/3 of the root ball off and put back into container. You could see this Duranta in the 2015 Box Store Challenge thread. The tree did not skip a beat. I think these are one of these trees that are hard to kill and I would also repot now.
Wow yours looks awesome mine is a lot smaller so im just going repot and put it back in the nursery pot so it will get bigger...

Top Bottom