Haws watering can

LemonBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
So many people swear by haws watering cans, and seeing videos I can see why. But I cant find any for the life of me here in canada, ive tried online, and in stores like lee valley. The thing is I can find the small 1 litre ones quite easily but they are so small it would be annoying to use it.

Does anybody know of places that have the 2 litre ones in stock and that ship to canada? Or even another type of watering can that is similar to the haws watering can?

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have a sprinkler system but when I hand water, I use a hose and a watering wand. No need to refill and easier to carry around the benches IMO

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
You need to think of a watering can as a cordless hose.

A watering can is heavy to lug around sand will take longer cause you have to run back and forth to the hose to refill it anyway

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
A watering can is heavy to lug around sand will take longer cause you have to run back and forth to the hose to refill it anyway
I got tired of filling a watering can over and over again and I'm not able to use a hose, unfortunately. So I got one of these:

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You need to think of a watering can as a cordless hose.

heavy to lug around
run back and forth to the hose to refill it

Hm..

Maybe rethink.. Watering can is a cordless hose & portable fitness studio. Stay fit watering your trees.

But in reality.. I found 7-8 fillings to be enough to water all my trees once. Not that bad?

Wood

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Bonsai Outlet had some in stock. I ordered the small one since I have 5 trees still in growth pots

Mycin

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks for sharing the links to the watering cans. If you can't use a hose, you're using your watering can 1-2x daily so investing in a proper one seems like a no-brainer to me

Those Richell cans look real nice, and are reasonably priced here:

One day though I dream of watering w a Kaneshin can 😍

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hm..

Maybe rethink.. Watering can is a cordless hose & portable fitness studio. Stay fit watering your trees.

But in reality.. I found 7-8 fillings to be enough to water all my trees once. Not that bad?

No thank you, as I get older I try to do things with less work and less time not more.
The only time I have to water is after work when I am already tired on some days.
Watering with a can would take about twice as long as with the hose. Plus trying to lift and hold the full can when Im tired and not knock a tree over.
A watering wand lets me water with one hand and turn the tree if needed with the other.

It is a moot point anyway. Most of the time my trees are watered by a sprinkler system on a timer that is timed to water in the morning when I have even less time because I have to get ready for work. I've found morning watering to be better for the trees than watering later in the day after work. I get more time to actually walk around and look at my trees after work instead of just watering. I only water by hand when I need to which is rare. If they need a watering in the evening on really hot days, I set the sprinkler off for 10 min or so to take care of it.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
that husqvarna system is badass. the brand and the price of that, caught my eye.

Top Bottom