Heading out to get a new tree...

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Chub, be carefull about building a "small enclosure", it could heat up quite a bit, and roast the trees. I think you are barking up the right tree though, set up some screening, wether it be strips of wood or proper shade cloth, cover the pots with a white cloth, etc., there is lots you can do to keep heat from being an issue.

Bayer Advanced tree and shrub will take care of the pests. Although Als deal sounds good too.

Chub

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Chub, be carefull about building a "small enclosure", it could heat up quite a bit, and roast the trees. I think you are barking up the right tree though, set up some screening, wether it be strips of wood or proper shade cloth, cover the pots with a white cloth, etc., there is lots you can do to keep heat from being an issue.

Bayer Advanced tree and shrub will take care of the pests. Although Als deal sounds good too.

Bill...I meant a screen enclosure, would even that heat up too much?

What the hell is a 'meat bee' - this must be a local name, do you know what they are actually called?

Was thinking the same thing...lol.

jaytourist

Seed
Reaction score
chub, what a "cuty-little-trees." i have in my office and it always refresh me specially when im down. thumbs-up! :) :)

Mojosan

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone

That's interesting, I had never heard them called that before.

As far as traps are concerned, we usually hang fish heads or meat from a tree remote from camp, and put a bucket of water under it. They will eat until they are gorged and can't fly, eventually falling into the water and drowning. [warning: your experiences with bears may vary! :p ]

Top Bottom