Headway G fungicide

MrBeto

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello guys. For the last 3 years I have been dealing with the classic curled leaves on a trident maple. I had tried all sorts of sprays with no results. I recently was suggested by a nursery guy to get Headway G fungicide. It’s systemic and it’s supposed to work in all kind of trees. Prevents tip blight on junipers and pines etc. However, it’s kinda expensive, just to find out that it didn’t work at all. I was told also to soak the maple roots in Daconil before repotting, but being the tree dormant at this time I don’t know if the roots would suck the fungicide. Now, the Headway G is granular, and it should be sprinkled around just before the tree wakes up. I’d like to know if any of you use this fungicide or there is other effective treatments without breaking the bank ?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
If other broad spectrum antibiotics don't work, then I'd look in another direction; the issue might not be fungal at all.
Curling leaves in maples has a multitude of possible causes.
I think it might be wise to look at everything else first, and make absolutely sure it's not just dry conditions or sun burn.

MrBeto

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I believe I failed to treat the roots. I focused on spraying the leaves once in a while. I think that was not the proper approach.

Top Bottom