Hello😊 ID pleasee.

Reaction score
I am new here and new to bonsai tree's also. I was giving one buy my aunt she nor i know what kind it is was hoping yall could help? (Ps she almost killed it from the looks of it lol but im hoping to save it) Thanks😊20190816_220402.jpg

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I'd say you're right, an almost dead tree. Other than that I don't gave a clue, sorry. Good luck on bringing it back.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks like Quince. Rather sickly at that. Maybe from being kept inside, maybe from too wet or dry feet;). Maybe both.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is a Carmona retusa (Fukien tea tree).
It is dead/dying because no water gets to the roots in all likelyhood. These come by the millions from Asia. For looks and transport little rocks and fake moss are glued on top of the substrate. This block water from properly getting in.

I doubt you will revive it. However, you can try. Remove the rocks and fake moss. Some violence might be needed. Then water with lukewarm water (This enters dry soil more easily due to lower surface tension). Then place in a warm dappled shaded spot in the garden and only water again when the substrate starts to dry out. Consider using a humidity tent around it.

Reaction score
Thank you all very much! She said she thinks she over watered it so im hopeing thats the case, I have a green thumb with most plants so im going to try to save it! We sha'll see what happens!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Has at least one bud that looks alive.

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Rootbound?, low light?, too late in the year to put it outside to rescue.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
It's pretty late in the game, at best a Hail Mary pass for the end-zone. Repot it in whatever bonsai mix you can buy from a legitimate bonsai source, muy pronto and put it outdoors in full sun. Water every day such that it is never dry as a bone, but does go through the normal and healthy wet, dry, wet, dry cycles. Feed every week with Mircacle Grow. If it recovers with new growth you will have another challenge: how to acclimate it to indoors levels of light just when it needs all the growth it can get to survive winter. Normally, on or about September 1st you would begin the process of adapting it to low light levels by shifting from full sun of summer to part sun to dappled shade to full shade to a good window in the house over a period of 4 or 5 weeks, the longer, the better. This would avoid having all the leaves grown in full sun from falling off. You don't have that luxury. You will need to compress that schedule and towards the end, when it is under 50°F overnight, take the plant inside overnight and put it outdoors, in the proper light conditions of the process as above, until the daytime temperatures are under 50°F in the shade during the day. And finally, repeat after me. "Our Father, who art in heaven...

Top Bottom