Hello all, new here, check out my trees

Ruve

Seedling
Reaction score
Recently I acquired this obsession, I mean hobby, a few months ago.

I'm an avid researcher and have a particular personality. I present my trees as they are currently for your viewing pleasure.

I have a few that I've worked on and some that are awaiting my guidance.

I'm particularly enjoying the boxwood (the brown dots are seals on cuts), as with all these trees, they are bought from stores like home depot and Menards. I spent a lot of time selecting them going through my criteria of trunk, nebari, movement, character and health.

My soil composition: akadama, pumice and sphagnum peat moss, even for the azalea.

The smaller pots on the left are cuttings which have rooting hormone powder applied and potted in sphagnum peat moss with lots of ventilation.

So, enjoy and all feedback is welcome.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20210401_123757.jpg
    IMG_20210401_123757.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20210328_211345.jpg
    IMG_20210328_211345.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20210328_211338.jpg
    IMG_20210328_211338.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20210401_125711.jpg
    IMG_20210401_125711.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20210401_125703.jpg
    IMG_20210401_125703.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 116

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Cool tree's man! And guard dogs, haha.

Grovic

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Recently I acquired this obsession, I mean hobby, a few months ago.

I'm an avid researcher and have a particular personality. I present my trees as they are currently for your viewing pleasure.

I have a few that I've worked on and some that are awaiting my guidance.

I'm particularly enjoying the boxwood (the brown dots are seals on cuts), as with all these trees, they are bought from stores like home depot and Menards. I spent a lot of time selecting them going through my criteria of trunk, nebari, movement, character and health.

My soil composition: akadama, pumice and sphagnum peat moss, even for the azalea.

The smaller pots on the left are cuttings which have rooting hormone powder applied and potted in sphagnum peat moss with lots of ventilation.

So, enjoy and all feedback is welcome.

Thanks.
Nice trees, I think you can add more movement to the third one, you already wired it, I'd suggest to make more severe bends to both the trunk and the branches. In the near future you'll have so many cuttings you'll have to decide which to keep, I always have a hard time getting rid of anything, lol.

Ruve

Seedling
Reaction score
Nice trees, I think you can add more movement to the third one, you already wired it, I'd suggest to make more severe bends to both the trunk and the branches. In the near future you'll have so many cuttings you'll have to decide which to keep, I always have a hard time getting rid of anything, lol.
Great suggestion Grovic. I would be inclined to agree with you and will give it more of an S bend this evening before grow season, which is almost upon us here in Wisconsin. Thanks for the feedback!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Were are you, in Wisconsin? I’m in between Green Bay and Lake Michigan.(On the Lake, actually)

I just ask, because I have a study group, and always would love a new face.

Looks like I missed my standard introduction..

I get excited sometimes.

🤓

Ruve

Seedling
Reaction score
Were are you, in Wisconsin? I’m in between Green Bay and Lake Michigan.(On the Lake, actually)

I just ask, because I have a study group, and always would love a new face.

Looks like I missed my standard introduction..

I get excited sometimes.

🤓
Hi HLF, I am in Madison currently, but I don't mind travelling at all and am keen to meet and greet any and all bonsai folk.

Your excitement is a compliment, no need to worry!

Top Bottom