Hello Bonsainuts from central Europe

Reaction score
🌲🌳🌴 Hello, dear Bonsainuts. I'm lurking around and reading a lot, but I thought I should say hello and thank you all for your threads and replies. There is a lot of beneficial information on this forum, and I am very grateful for the bonsai community being so open to helping one another. I have 30 trees or so and around 50 seedlings in progress. I'm not going to show them here, but at some point in the future, when I would like feedback or advice, I will give you a peek into my garden. For now, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello and not lurk in the shadows. During the past few months, I started to learn how to throw clay on a wheel, and I made my first bonsai pot. I'll share more of my ceramic work in the appropriate forum categories as they progress. Thanks for reading, and have a good grow.

rory-bonai-pot-green-2.jpg

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice clean and well executed lines on the pot. I like good formal looking pots that a potter took the right amount of time to create and glaze. Mighty fine work youve done!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Greetings, Traveller! Papaver Straw to the fires, the feast is on! The Woody Dwarves (Pa-is) are ever so grateful that your journeys and exploits have led you here, to this particular corner of The Tiny Forest!

Nice pot! Looks quite proper.

I love clay! Lots here do. ;)

Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

🤓

(can’t wait to see more “pieces”)

(And trees!)

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
🌲🌳🌴 Hello, dear Bonsainuts. I'm lurking around and reading a lot, but I thought I should say hello and thank you all for your threads and replies. There is a lot of beneficial information on this forum, and I am very grateful for the bonsai community being so open to helping one another. I have 30 trees or so and around 50 seedlings in progress. I'm not going to show them here, but at some point in the future, when I would like feedback or advice, I will give you a peek into my garden. For now, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello and not lurk in the shadows. During the past few months, I started to learn how to throw clay on a wheel, and I made my first bonsai pot. I'll share more of my ceramic work in the appropriate forum categories as they progress. Thanks for reading, and have a good grow.

View attachment 381818
Can I see the bottom?

That’s just the kind of guy I am..
1624294104398.jpeg

Reaction score
Can I see the bottom?

That’s just the kind of guy I am..
View attachment 381882

Hello, sure. Bottoms up as they say. Although its not so easy an eastern white pine is at home inside of it now.
There are faults in that two of the wire holes sealed up with glaze. A diamond drill bit will fix this. Also inside the kiln it touched another work so there is a blimp.
I kind of like the imperfections though. It is what it is and that is the magic of the kiln.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Very kind.

Attachments

• IMG_1192.jpg
    IMG_1192.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom