Drescious

Seed
Reaction score
Hello everyone

Last edited:

Drescious

Seed
Reaction score
Oops! Well I'm obviously new here. I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I've been trying to learn without killing to many trees. I found New England Bonsai and well I've bought a few trees. The first one is a Chinese Elm. It has already been trained. It's a beautiful tree with some nice movement and ramifications. While I was there I saw a Jade that I really liked that had an interesting trunk but I didn't end up buying it. It was in a nursery pot and I really liked the Elm. I just couldn't stop thinking of what it would look like reported and trimmed. So I finally got a chance to go back and there it was in the back corner where I saw it last. I got it home and trimmed it I only have one bad shot of the tree and the trunk I'll try to get better ones tomorrow.

I think this could be a very nice tree some day

Last edited:

Drescious

Seed
Reaction score
Hello. Nice little Jade. My tastes say I would look for a smaller pot and some moss to grow on the soil surface.

Thank you. I agree with the pot. I would prefer a more shallow smaller pot but that was the one I had laying around. I did prune lots of roots this time and the root had grow a lot vertically in the nursery pot so I think it was a good decision for now. The next pot will be a tad smaller and shallower. Lol you should see the monster pot my Elm is in. My son broke the pot that was intended for it as I was repotting it so I had to use the pot I was saving for a much larger juniper I was planning on transplanting this year. Oh well larger in a pinch I would assume is better then to small. It might also give me a bit of wiggle room as I learn to better take care of my trees over the next few years. Hopefully by then I will be a much better bonsai artist wannabe. I must really learn how to take better pictures of my trees.

Last edited:
Top Bottom