hello everyone

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello everyone, This is my first time posting on this site despite having signed up in June. I have always admired bonsai as long as I can remember, the first really nice trees I came across were on the art of bonsai website many years ago. Since then Ive bought books on bonsai and failed many times collecting my own material. after several years of trial and error and more than a few dead trees, I finally feel like I know what I can successfully collect and keep alive.
One reason I signed up was to get advice on styling and developing some of the trees I have collected over the years. I would love to learn proper pruning and wiring techniques as well. My collection is very small and I have nothing I would even consider calling bonsai. I would also like to work on some material that is further along in the process of becoming bonsai. Here are a few of the photos I took at the artisans cup in September.
buttonwood.png douglas fir bonsai 2.png hemlock bonsai 2.png hemlock bonsai.png juniper bonsai 2.png juniper bonsai.png

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello!

I gotta say. If you are a butler! That is badass!

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
All this talk about the Cup, and rich folks owning trees they'd kill in a day themselves.......

I picture the Butler, shooting photos as demanded, falling in love with the trees, becoming great....quite romantic!

Well since you took that well....

Where the hell are your trees!?

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
ANywhere but general discussion!

I go with the type of tree thread.
Pine, juniper, elm, other.

Unless it fits better in a style category.

Only cuz I like to keep records here.
Some people will post everything here!

I like to keep it organized!

Sorce

Top Bottom