USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

JosephCooper

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
There is another person doing bonsai in Canada.

His name is Nigel Saunders, he is on youtube if you want to see what he does.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Yep, we are the most wired country in the world at the moment... we even adopted the metric system... about 40 years ago. :)

Tell me about it. I remember when the US started down that path... and then panicked. I think it was when they started putting up speed limit signs on the freeway that were KPH only. The momentum of ignorance can be astounding. How many teaspoons in a cup? Cups in a gallon? No one knows... and yet they will continue to embrace a system that is too complicated to understand, just because they are familiar with it.

Random User

Reaction score
Tell me about it. I remember when the US started down that path... and then panicked. I think it was when they started putting up speed limit signs on the freeway that were KPH only. The momentum of ignorance can be astounding. How many teaspoons in a cup? Cups in a gallon? No one knows... and yet they will continue to embrace a system that is too complicated to understand, just because they are familiar with it.

And without intending to take this down the "political path", the American Government wonders why they aren't the preferred trading partner, or why they have trouble attracting investment and manufacturing... this is a pretty bleak map of the world right here... http://mentalfloss.com/article/55895/countries-havent-adopted-metric-system

Random User

Reaction score
Well, I grew up with the old system in my formative years, so I guess I'd say that I am literate in both... BUT, like the dinosaurs, my generation is a dying breed.

Scooter9166 - 5a

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a

"The momentum of ignorance can be astounding." May I use this?

Also, attached is gallon guy. My son made it in 3rd grade. It's still the only way I remember how many cups are in a quart.

Attachments

• Gallon Guy.jpg
    Gallon Guy.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 7

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Gogeerah,

you gotta stop letting your wife into the waasabi.
For 50 foot guy ---------- 8 inches - seriously - bit tiny isn't that :po_O:eek:
Maybe it's wide ?

Scooter,

that is really cool.
Can he do a few for water in say Akadama, Pumice and Red lava :D:rolleyes:
Have fun all.
Anthony [ Mottie ]

Top Bottom