Hello from Wild and Wonderful WV

Koda'sgrandma

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I want to thank everyone on here again for all your advice and encouragement. Since finding this wonderful forum I have learned so much, and I just found you on Friday. :) I have managed to find out that the one and only bonsai club that was in West Virginia, has been disbaned. That means there really is nothing here, no clubs or learning centers, no nothing. I was able to contact the professor who did preside over the club, and he was gracious enough to answer all my questions about what needs to be done to keep my tree happy in our area of the country. So, since I am brand new to the world of bonsai, I will have many questions as I go along I'm sure. I hope you don't mind. Again, Thank You all very much,

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
And, cultivate that professor as much as you cultivate those trees. Tom Simonyi is a good guy.

Koda'sgrandma

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
And, cultivate that professor as much as you cultivate those trees. Tom Simonyi is a good guy.
LOL,,,,He offered to answer any questions I have. I don't think he realizes what he got into. I have so many, as soon as I get one answered, I think of a new one. But between him and everyone on here, I should be able to keep from killing everything I touch. ;)

Alain

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Welcome to the Nut's house.

Here too people love to answer question about their tree's dependency.
And the more we discuss this dysfunction on the forum, the less we annoy our spouse with it, so a win-win situation I may say :)

sikadelic

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Welcome!! I see WV in a title and I have to pop in for my 2 cents. I used to live there as a kid and still go back to Upshur County every year for a week during deer season. We have a small cabin on 500 acres and have a lot of fun around the fire, drink too much beer, and laugh way too hard. Oh yeah...we deer hunt too.

Glad to know that Bnut is serving you well so far!

Koda'sgrandma

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Welcome!! I see WV in a title and I have to pop in for my 2 cents. I used to live there as a kid and still go back to Upshur County every year for a week during deer season. We have a small cabin on 500 acres and have a lot of fun around the fire, drink too much beer, and laugh way too hard. Oh yeah...we deer hunt too.

Glad to know that Bnut is serving you well so far!
If you are in Upshur County then you are not far from me. I'm in Lewis County. LOL! Deer season will be here soon. Sadly I haven't hunted in many years. Have fun and stay safe out there.

Hump

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wv native here! Fairmont.. In what corner of mountaineer country are you all from? I too rely on this site (I know this post is old), but just found this post and got excited. No one around here does bonsai, minus the occasional PA people that come by since they're so close to the border

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This spring I will find out ;)
A tip on collecting. Go hunting now and mark out the trees you want to collect then go back before they break bud in the spring to collect them. I just tie a small piece of flagging tape on them. Of course you have no control over other people but I tag on my own land and property of a friend. Its not always easy to tell what you are collecting if you just go out when the plants have leaves.

Top Bottom