Hello Mister Wind

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I feel ya. We get 15 - 20 mph wind off the ocean almost every afternoon.

Still trying to decide if this is my windiest location or if it was front range Colorado. Tried to play a round of golf there one day. The wind was blowing the flags out of the holes. On one hole I hit my drive a bit high and into the wind. The ball ended up 50 yds behind me. It was so windy we had to play the wind on our putts (down wind as if it were down hill).

swatchpost

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I KNOW! Just yesterday a huge gust of wind snapped the leader I had been growing all spring on my mame trident. So frustrating; it was more than twice as long as it is now! Had to cut it back to the nearest pair of buds.
Do you think I'll still be able to thicken that leader I started next season if I grow out one of those buds to form a new leader?

Attachments

• IMG_4027.jpg
    IMG_4027.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4028.jpg
    IMG_4028.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 19

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
We had crazy storms and wind last night, two rounds. Busted the hell out of dwarf mums.

Firstflush

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3-4
You've come to make my bonsai bend
I sure wish you'd end
Cuz you ain't my fucking friend.....

The wind this year is just crazy! 2-3 days blow like hell.
Maybe ONE day nice and calm.......then...WHOOOOSSSSHHHH again!
:mad: :mad::mad:
Do you guys get the Santa Ana Winds phenomena up there? Warm dry high pressure winds blowing to moist cool low pressure areas. The winds can take out trees in a few hours down here if temp is 80s F and above.

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Do you guys get the Santa Ana Winds phenomena up there? Warm dry high pressure winds blowing to moist cool low pressure areas. The winds can take out trees in a few hours down here if temp is 80s F and above.
Not the hot Santa Anas but we seem to catch fire on days like this. Red flag fire warning up now. :mad:

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Winds from the northwest are unusual for me, but when they come they're hot and dry. Most of the time I benefit from more moist air off the ocean.

Scorpius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I bungee rope my trees to their table. I have to much invested to lose a tree to stupid wind storms I have constantly.

Top Bottom