Hello, need to show off a bit.

Reaction score
I need to show off my first survivor. This bougainvillea started as a 1.5 gal nursery plant. It was worked to fit a 6" training pot in mid February. Now 4 months later is starting to bloom. There was some stunting after the move from Az to WA in mid April.

As my forum handle hints my trees are not stationary. I am a full time RVer, spending winters in Arizona and summers in milder climates. I hope to maintain Shonin size trees. And will be experimenting with dormancy requirements. I expect to work mostly with tropicals and other tender plants.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hell yeah!

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

Reaction score
I guessed posting the album was too easy.

The Bougainvillea and Natal Plum both were a shocked when I moved to Washington mid-April. They both stalled out until the weather got back into the 60's. The Natal Plum is also beginning to show a few flowers.

06-21-19 04.jpg06-21-19 03.jpg06-21-19 02.jpg06-21-19 01.jpg03-27-19.jpg

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
All looking good, and nice to see that some people can display theit bonsai along a street, with no fence.

Isn't it a bit cold in WA in the winter for such a plant ? Do you take it inside or do you have a van to take the most fragile ones on vacation when you move ?

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Oh, OK, thanks.

So my sons are VR-to-be : one of them bought a Mercedes truck he's converting, he's even found a small cast-iron, enameled stove from the 1930s in perfect state he's planning to put inside, the younger one has bought... a hearse ! His name is not Harold, but there's enough space at the back to have a rest. He's planning to do seasonal jobs down south. Ach, junge, junge... :D

Reaction score
Yes RV = Recreational Vehicle. The second photo was my camp for most of last winter Arizona. There were only a couple of nights near freezing. I intend to spend next winter in the same area.

Spectacle Lake 09-30-2018.jpgcamp senators wash.jpg

atlarsenal

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Nice Bougie,
I know someone who RV's with a dog, a parrot, and a couple bonsai. I'm amazed the parrot is still alive, dogs are easy to travel with.
This sounds like the start of a joke, “A RV guy walks into a bar with a dog, a parrot and a couple of bonsai”. :)

Top Bottom