Hello new to forum from New York

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I put a pic of the azalea

Saw it. It is very small so just leave it in that pot for now and enjoy the flower. I see some buds! Maybe it will help get your tree properly identified as well.

Do not drown it! ;)

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I see these Chinzan Azaleas a lot in the big box stores. They have to be hardy as they either keep them near drowned or near dehydrated, depending on who is working there!:eek: The good thing is they always seem relatively healthy despite the abuse. They are a dwarf Azalea and I have never seen one with a really thick trunk. Azalea's have different needs than your Junipers, more acidic soil and ferts and a different watering routine. They seem to bloom abudantly and make pretty displays.

ed

Angelique14

Yamadori
Reaction score
I see these Chinzan Azaleas a lot in the big box stores. They have to be hardy as they either keep them near drowned or near dehydrated, depending on who is working there!:eek: The good thing is they always seem relatively healthy despite the abuse. They are a dwarf Azalea and I have never seen one with a really thick trunk. Azalea's have different needs than your Junipers, more acidic soil and ferts and a different watering routine. They seem to bloom abudantly and make pretty displays.

ed

So wat soil would you suggest

Angelique14

Yamadori
Reaction score

ed
I check soil all day just to make sure irs not dry but I keep then out when the sub out we're I am it still cold at nite so then I bring them in now with the trimming I'm so sirry for all questions but to these
Plants I'm a beginner I have plants everywhere also are garden but these tye outcome is so wonderful

Angelique14

Yamadori
Reaction score
Now for the Japanese juniper can I pot that it's in a plastic thing from nursery my other I potted and the roots r wired

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Now for the Japanese juniper can I pot that it's in a plastic thing from nursery my other I potted and the roots r wired

You can repot Junipers this time of year. You know that a small pot will greatly reduce the growth, so if you are happy with the size that is ok. If you are looking for more growth, larger trunk etc. then either plant them in the ground or in a really big container or a grow box to let them develop. This will take several years, the longer they grow unhindered the bigger the trunk and branches get. During this period only prune to maintain shape.

ed

Angelique14

Yamadori
Reaction score
You can repot Junipers this time of year. You know that a small pot will greatly reduce the growth, so if you are happy with the size that is ok. If you are looking for more growth, larger trunk etc. then either plant them in the ground or in a really big container or a grow box to let them develop. This will take several years, the longer they grow unhindered the bigger the trunk and branches get. During this period only prune to maintain shape.

ed

Thanks so much for answering my questions I was on another forum n they were very mean but I appreciate it very much

Angelique14

Yamadori
Reaction score
Here it is I hope yous are able to see it and I would appreciate some thoughts and input thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 13

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
The chinzan is pretty tough, and roots very easily. When it blooms, it will have pink flowers. I just posted one of mine in the "flowering" part of the forum.

John

Top Bottom