Hello Sunshine...

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Glad to hear it!
Use to go to Jamaica all the time and seen him play numerous times there and here... that was some time back, before needing passports and when the airline ticket was cheaper than the ticket for the Reggae Sunsplash.

The Sunsplash, was a must do... it was a week long event and the band's started at 6 in the evening and went to 6 in the morning. Everyone just crashed on the ground. Anybody who was anyone played, so we saw everyone from Culture, Bunny Wailer, Coco Tea, Cutty Ranks, Mutabaruka, Ziggy, Shabba Ranks, Black Uhuru, Steel Pulse, Burning Spear, and the list goes on an on... was about 20 bands a night.

So, a real cool event... saw a lot of brand new folks just starting off their careers, like Lucky Dube... who went on to become very big and sadly was later murdered. A lot of those folks are gone now, so am very happy for those years.

They moved it back to Kingston, but if you are ever able to go... it really is probably about the coolest thing!
Wow.... Got me jealous now....
I've only been there once, the constant live reggae music everywhere was so awesome. I can't get enough of it!
Jimmy Cliff was up on stage, running around, jumping, doing high kicks, and having fun up there, in his gold suit. Mind you he's in his mid 70's now. It was a sight to behold.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Again I keep staring and I think I have a handle on why -

Years ago I presented an Advertisement that won the attention of many for a wide variety of reasons that make little or no difference today, no worries.

What drags my attention to this plant is perspective - it is right to left...

Most people I know are right handed and in many "presentations" it shows - They normally tend to like and love plants that show left to right.

Not a problem to me although I am right handed I can appreciate the plant as presented.

Bottom line on this one to "ME" tilting it slightly to the left over time and continue to design it that way - unique and pretty, not in the box, but there are some out there that will appreciate it as I do.

"Perspective"

"Art"

Grimmy

Top Bottom