Hello!

Dzhokar

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Hey all! I've been lurking for a couple years or so, just soaking in the info and enjoying other peoples posts and trees. Thought I would say hi and show you some of my modest works in progress. I just enjoy working on the trees, learning and the progress of turning them into little tree looking things. Any critiques are appreciated, just no mean snootiness please;)

This blue rug juniper was nursery stock and my first purchase with the intent of turning it into a bonsai. I feel like it's really leggy but it's still special to me. But any thoughts on development and styling? Not sure about that first branch being so low.
View media item 5356This one I think was a horizontalis "lemon glow". Kinda cute I think :)
"Encore Azalea" that was in not so good shape when I got it. I bought it because I liked the trunk. Chopped it down and it spent a year with like 20 leaves on the whole plant.... It's bouncing back this year though!
Side view of the blue rug.
Koto Hime that I bought from an online store. So many buds! Like it though. My plan for this is for it to eventually have an umbrella shaped canopy.
Walmart ficus. Think it's a tiger bark but it wasn't labeled so not sure. I cut it down to twigs at the beginning of spring and it's now starting to put out some new growth. Plan for this is also an umbrella with a pad off the the right side.
And last but not least is a mandarin orange tree that I grew from seed. It's spent it's whole life under grow lights. Moved it outside this spring and it seems happy so far.

Dzhokar

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Welcome to the Nut House, Quarantine Edition! A bonsaiists dream situation.

Thanks! Yeah things are pretty crazy. Luckily my work is deemed "essential" so I'm still working. I feel for those stuck at home wondering if they're going to be able to pay the bills.

Welcome. Glad you stopped lurking...I always felt there was someone watching. Good start.

That's me: forum stalker. Appreciate the welcome :)

BTW, there are some other pics of these in my album if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom