Hello

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm new at this forum, and just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I see some familiar names on the posts, so some of you may know me as well. I see the frequency and content here may be a good fit for me... We will see! As far as where I am with my trees, I've spent some time this past year weeding out the large quantity of junk that I accumulated, and am focusing on the quality of the trees that remain. I've decided to start with better stock to begin with, and avoid picking up cheap trees that will never amount to anything. John Romano started this idea in my head when I read a blog on the NEbonsai site, and it has been a freeing experience. Better to have one good tree than 50 siap's. (of course who could stop at 1?) So I know I'm still making mistakes, and need direction and help. I hope to pick the brains here and help out when I can as well. Cheers!
Judy

alonsou

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Welcome aboard Judy,

Surely you will find the help that you need while in this forum. Have fun! :D

Mike423

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome, and feel free to look thought the forums on certain subjects you may be interested in through the use of the search bar.

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Cute pup! Welcome aboard.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks all for welcoming me, I live about an hour from the Columbus Bonsai Society, but my work schedule precludes me from going to any of their meetings. So I've never been... To be honest, I don't think that Ohio is a hotbed of action for bonsai. There are no nurseries, not dedicated ones at any rate, and the one place that carries "bonsai" is more like "mallsai". So I've been working away at this with lots of help from books, the internet, and of course good folks like G52, and others over at the Bonsaisite. Just thought I'd come check out the hood over here. Feels pretty friendly.
J

treebeard55

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
... To be honest, I don't think that Ohio is a hotbed of action for bonsai...
J

I think the same could be said for much of Indiana, tho there are some solid clubs, and here and there and the odd lone practitioner. We just have to educate our neighbors! :D:D

Top Bottom