Help! Browning foliage

calviny

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just noticed today these large sections of browning in the foliage in a few sections. What is the cause of this? Pests, fungus, watering issue? Recently got really hot the past week. A couple weeks ago I sprayed a copper fungicide. In the winter I sprayed lime sulfur. I have some grafts I did in spring on the tree. 20200501_183242.jpg20200501_183146.jpg

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Here I notice black spots on the center of the scales. Those indicate tip blight.
I get tip blight when I over water or when I damage the roots (or both).
It usually stops spreading when I stop over watering, but I do remove affected tissue. It doesn't seem to occur on my plants when they're healthy, even if I leave affected branches. I believe it's a sign of underlying issues, I see tip blight more like an effect than a cause.

Antibiotics hardly work on dead tissue, so I believe it's good to review your watering habits and the soil.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I know some other fungicides work for tip blight, but I've found mancozeb seems to work best and is fairly mild as far as chemical treatments go.

calviny

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks so much. I will do a deeper investigation of the soil and do a light change to loosen medium if compacted or too wet. I thought it had been too dry a few weeks back so I had been watering more frequently but maybe overcompensated.

Top Bottom