Help choose tree for these 2 pots

maroun.c

Omono
Reaction score
Hi
Had those 2 pots made with an olive in mind for brown one and a maple for the green blue one. Brown i believe would still work for olive, gut the one for maple has rather sharp edges for maple. Open to suggestions for both if u think it makes better sense.
Screenshot_20200920-064138_WhatsApp.jpgScreenshot_20200920-064110_WhatsApp.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Same Potter gal from other threads?

Nice!

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice. Remind her to not waste glaze on the inside.

If she's dipping them to glaze, some folks make the drain holes the same size as their fingers so they can clog the holes as they dip. This will keep the glaze from the inside. Not that it really matters, but perhaps sharing some tips will get you more/better pots!

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pics of the trees?
With the pots?

I think it's cool that you are able to work with someone in this manner.

I think it's important, especially in this circumstance, to really make sure you don't too hastily pot something in a pot not good for it, even if that was the initial intention.

Like, if the olive doesn't work, find something that does.

Something about honoring the homework she's done. And only allowing good thing to come from this thing you got going.

But also not being afraid to define something new with this collaboration.

Don't sell it short.

I'm excited to see these pots, maybe some will make it to Canada?

Sorce

maroun.c

Omono
Reaction score
Definitely, I'm very pleased with the collaboration, Nd believe she's progressing as well with major issues she had with first pots she tried and now to minor issues abd hopefully none as she does more pots.
I just landed in dubai and will pick up the pots from her on Tuesday.
Definitely not in a rush to push a tree in a nice pot. These might not be the fanciest of pots but as u say these are pots that were made to dimensions, shape and colors I wanted abd that we discussed (she had a lot to say with colors and shding...) so would definitely wait for worthy trees to go in them as an appreciation of her art and efforts. As my trees are still far from nice I have the time to decide and while waiting will have a few more pots made to specs to.matxh some of the trees with potential that I'm training on.

Top Bottom