Help! Could these be mites or fungus?

Whitefall

Seedling
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I bought a Chinese Elm last week and there is clearly something wrong with it based on the yellowing leaves. I've tried to get some photos as close as possible without losing too much definition.

I was hoping this would just be the tree adjusting to a new environment but the leaves don't look like they're uniformly yellowing, I think it looks like something is damaging them based on the pattern of yellowing.

What do you think? Could this be something like mites or black spot?

I'll buy an insecticide or a fungicide ASAP based on what you think. When I know what it is, I'll treat my other tree that this one is kept near - as a precaution.

Thanks,
Joe

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Seems fine....

Maybe just like my boss.....

a little dense....

Sorce

Whitefall

Seedling
Reaction score
Haha I love your replies Sorce :)

It's hard to tell but I think there may be some very fine webbing, not a great deal of it.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Look which leaves are yellowing, the old ones and ones their mission's been completed - those protected new buds and after there is a new shoot from the bud, they go yellow. Completely normal.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You should have a fungicide (daconil) and an insecticide (insecticidal soap) on hand. These look like old leaves, elms do that from time to time.

Whitefall

Seedling
Reaction score
Thank you for your advice all, I really appreciate it!!

Top Bottom